Chapter 9

SAMARIA RENEÈ JENKINS10:00 a

10:00 a.m | MONDAY MORNING

LOCATION: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

A LOUD KNOCK WAS HEARD from her door, making her jolt awake. Slob trailing from her mouth as it stayed attached to her pillow. With disgust, she wipes the slob away from her face, the person at the door still knocking. Confusion was planted on her face.

Who could be knocking? She didn't know anybody.

With slight irritation in her up from the bed, still tired from last night. She didn't go to bed until almost four in the morning, that being, she was still thinking about what just happened, and her stomach was causing her cramp pains from the lack of eating for multiple hours.

She cursed at herself ever since she came back to the room, regretting that she didn't just ignore Jayden and his stupid friends and kept walking to the store to get her snacks.

She opens the door, and there stood the man who assigned her the room. His face looked greasy, Samaria assumed it was from the lack of showering, or he was just genuinely that oily.

"Check out is at 11." He simply says to her. She honestly forgot today was her last day. So her face drops a little when the realization kicks in. However, the employee didn't care for her face dropping, seeing multiple homeless customers do the same thing in hopes to get an extra night stay. He wasn't going for it.

"Okay." She says, and he walks away, knocking on the next door further down, Samaria assumed to tell them the same thing she was just informed.

She closes her door, groaning when she sees she only has an hour left. Wanting to make the most of it, she decides to stay until it was 11. Clearly she was in no rush to be anywhere because she didn't know where she was going.

Her bag was never unpacked, still sitting on the table next to the door, along with her trench coat, hoodie and busted shoes.

She decided to take another shower since she wasn't sure when it'll be the next time she'll take one. Plus, after all that running she did with Jayden, mostly being on his back, she desperately needed it after sweating so much.

So she takes a pair of clothes out, and the rest of her necessities, and heading to the bathroom.

11:00 a.m | MONDAY MORNING

IT'S NOW ELEVEN, AND ROOMS were now being checked out. Samaria grabs the last of her things, putting on her hoodie and trench coat, she placed her hand outside earlier to test the weather, and it was pretty chilly. So she decided to put on both coats since she got out the shower no more than an hour ago.