185-186 (End)

Chapter 185 Capture of Yunjing

In everything in the world, there are always some mistakes and coincidences that can change the fate of countless people in another direction.

On the day when the Marquis of Rongcheng left Rongcheng, the Qinghui Army under Xiao Jiyue raised the flag out of Jingnan and suddenly attacked Jinzhou. The offensive was so fierce that the Jinzhou defenders retreated steadily, and in the end they could only hold on to the city. , waiting for reinforcements.

Jinzhou is the southern gate of Yunjing. If Jinzhou falls, Yunjing is in danger. Xiang Ji will definitely mobilize troops to support the defense. However, he is now being pursued and attacked by Meng Yanli and Qin Shilian. Lao San is attacking the main force led by Xiang Jingyuan, was pinned down in Jinzhou, the base camp, and the other was responsible for defending the capital in Yunjing. There were really no troops to deploy.

He was so exhausted that he had to be rescued. In the end, he had to divide half of the Imperial City Guards to go to the rescue.

On the second day after the Imperial City Guards set off, at night, an army of 50,000 people suddenly appeared like a ghost and besieged Yunjing City.

An even more bizarre scene was that the four gates of the imperial city were opened, and the siege soldiers marched straight into the city without any resistance.

With fires blazing and swords flashing, the siege soldiers, the Imperial Guards and the city patrols fought in the streets and alleys.

The sounds of weapons clashing, shouts, and cries were mixed and intertwined, ringing all night long.

Under the protection of his personal guards, the emperor Xiang Ji escaped from Yunjing through Anqing Gate in the north.

Xiao Ying stood on the high city wall, holding a bow and arrow, aiming at the fat body on the horse.

He returned this arrow for Tang Xing.

The fire was shining, and the figures were moving. Amid the noisy shouts, he loosened the string in his hand, and the long arrow flew out like lightning and disappeared into the night.

Then he jumped out in the dark night, piercing a bright yellow fat body with the force of thunder, and flew off the horse with the body and fell to the ground.

"Your Majesty—Your Majesty—"

People around him screamed and rushed forward, asking about Xiang Ji's condition.

"Pick it up and leave quickly. It's not advisable to stay here for a long time. We'll check again when we get to a safe place." Xiang Lengyue shouted loudly.

The emperor had fallen, and the defeated troops were leaderless. Xiang Lengyue, in the name of the princess, pulled up the team and carried Xiang Li to the deep mountains in the northwest direction to escape.

The night of swords and sword shadows has passed, and the morning sun pierces the darkness and illuminates the earth.

After a night of blood baptism, Yunjing City stood quietly on the earth. The sunshine covered it with a layer of orange-red golden gauze, which was warm and peaceful. It was like a girl walking out of the darkness and ushering in a new life. .

A large flag with a black background and a crescent moon embroidered on it stood on the four square city gates, fluttering in the wind, indicating that the new owner of the capital was Xiao Jiyue from Huainan.

The Qinghui Mingyue flags are Xiao Jiyue's symbol. Wherever her Qinghui army hits, the flags will be planted on the city.

In the palace, Xiao Jiyue stood on the white jade steps in front of the Shengtian Palace. Under her feet was the stone sculpture of Nine Dragons and Soaring Clouds. Behind her in the main hall was the golden dragon throne that symbolized supreme power.