37: 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑙𝑠

"Ahahaha HOLY CRAP!!! WHAT THE HECK BAKUGOU?!" Kirishima and Sero laughed and asked the boy in almost perfect unison.
This was one of the first times they felt fully comfortable to tease the boy. Who they were normally too scared off.

"Stop laughing..." Bakugou said, hands shaking. "My hair's gotten used to this and it won't go back." He grunted.
They were picking on him, making fun of him and he didn't like it. Bakugou didn't catch the fact that they were kinda trying to laugh with him and not at him.

Teasing was teasing and it pissed him off. He knew this would happen, but no matter how hard he had desperately tried last night and this morning. He couldn't fix his hair.

They kept laughing.

"Did you not hear me?! I'll kill you both."
He said, fists clinched. They hated him. Bakugou was almost sure of it. He hated himself right now and his dumb hair and his dumb internship. Kira was out being a national hero and he hadn't done anything at all. It wasn't fair, Kira didn't even want attention and she was getting it anyways.

"I'd like to see you try pretty boy!"
Sero said as Kirishima continued to laugh.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!" Explosions went off in his palms and his hair sprang back up.

"IT'S BACK!!!" They yelled in unison and he lunged at them.

The class continued to talk about their internships. None of them had seen much combat, other than training. They all kept an eye on the door though, waiting for Kira to show up.

"Oh yeah! The hero killer." Sero said finally, turning to Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki who were standing together. They had gotten just a little closer these past few days and no one could blame them. While their identities weren't public it didn't take long for them to tell their classmates about it over the group chat. Especially because everyone was freaking out of the location Midoriya had sent that night and the news reports that morning.

"Glad you guys made it back alive." Kirishima said. "Seriously, that must've been insane."

"I bet you were glad when Kira showed up! Can you believe she shot him?! What was it like? Was it scary?! Was she cool?" Mina asked the two boys. "I want all of the details!"

"S-sorry Mina. We're not supposed to talk about it much." Midoriya said nervously. It was true, they were told to keep it on the down low. Probably just so nothing slipped that wasn't in the report.

"Where is Kira anyways?" Jirou asked, playing with her earaux nervously. They all glanced at Bakugou who was sulking in his chair.
"WHY DO YOU IDIOTS EXPECT ME TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HER?!" He screamed.

"Uh, because you guys are like... Best friends." Ojiro pointed out.

"Yeah you're always hanging out. Come on has she said anything to you about what happened?!" Mina pestered Bakugou with her questions.

"Yeah of course she has! And she's tired of being bothered about it!" Bakugou yelled.

"That's fucking right." Kira said. She was at the door, her eye bags seemed a little worse today. She hadn't been sleeping. "I was stopped fifteen fucking times on the way over here because apparently EVERYONE that sees me on the streets has to tell me how much of a hero I am." She complained to mainly Bakugou. But she knew the others could hear as well.

"Uh, cuz you are." Mina pointed out.

"Yeah I know, but they're making me regret it." She covered her eyes and groaned.

"There's no way she doesn't secretly like the attention."

"Should I talk to her? About everything?"

"Wow she looks tired... Er than usual."

"Is fame really THAT bad?"

"Poor Kira can't handle all of this attention. Someone like her just isn't made to be a hero, the stress must be killing the poor dear."

"Haha! Fucking loser!" Bakugou laughed, poking her arm. "You have to deal with people."

"Hey!" Kira swatted his arm away. "Don't be an ass!" She whined. Kira knew Bakugou was trying his best to control his jealousy over Kira actually getting something done during her internship. "Oh also did you hear? They caught that guy."

Bakugou frowned. "What guy?" He asked.

"The guy who shot the lady. Remember at the beginning of internships?" Kira asked. "Turns out the guy was some Rich married man. Didn't want the poor girl to claim him as the father because he was hiding the affair from his wife and shit." Kira explained.

"So he shot the chick?" He scrunched up his nose. "What an asshole."

"Asshole is an understatement. I hope the dude rots in jail the sister seemed so nice and so did Nina. From what I could tell." Kira said. "The whole thing is just disturbing. I'm glad that got him."

"They only got him because of you." Bakugou pointed out. "You just can't help but be cool wherever you go, can you?"

"I think that's the first time I've ever heard him complement someone..." Jirou thought as she casually listened in. As she usually did.

"It's a gift and a curse." Kira sighed. "You know what they say. No good deed goes unpunished."

"Alright, I'm glad you're all still alive." Mr Aizawa said. The students ran to their seats nervously. "Now, I'm assigning you all a personal project. I want you to create a presentation that summarizes what you did during your internship and what you learned. You'll present them in class the day after tomorrow."

"We only have a day?!"
The class thought.

"Aw man. But all I did was pick up junk all week and get hit in the head. Mines gonna be lame compared to Kira and Jirou's who actually saw action..."

"Presenting?! Infront of the entire class?!"

"It doesn't have to be long." He continued. "But it has to be honest. I want each and every one of you to reflect on everything that happened this past week. Good and bad. You're permitted to be creative and use any method or presentation. From reading an essay to using slides anything goes. That's all."

"This could be fun, I was kinda hoping not to have homework right after work studies though."

"Creativity?! But I'm not good at that kinda stuff."

"Ugh, what am I supposed to say? My mentor hated me and lectured me nonstop all week. The only thing I learned this week was how shit the top three pros are."
Kira glanced over at Bakugou, who had almost completely lost his respect for All Might. He already didn't like Endeavor and now he's angry with Best Jeanest.

He noticed her looking over at him. To cover she just flipped him off with a straight face.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!"