72: 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑢𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

Denki sat back down at his table. Significantly happier than he had been when he left. He didn't say anything to the others. Just smiled satisfied and started eating again. He hadn't even touched his food before, he had been too nervous.

"You seem really happy." Jirou said, raising her eyebrows at him.

"Mhm." Denki said with his cheeks full of food.

"So what happened? Did Kira promise to keep your dirty secrets or something?" Sero asked, with a teasing smile.

"Nope." Denki said, he leaned backwards, incredibly satisfied. "She doesn't know my secrets." He said, crossing his arms.

"Denki. Honey. She's a mindreader." Mina told him, patting his shoulder.

"No! I mean she can't read my mind." Denki explained.

"Wait like actually?" Kirishima asked. "Why not?"

"Apparently I think differently than most people! And sometimes she can't read certain people's minds. Mine included." Denki said, pointing at his thumb with his chest. "I'm special."

"Did she mention anyone else?!" Mina asked. "Anyone else that she can't read?"

"No she didn't mention anyone." Denki shrugged. "She did say she can still feel my emotions and stuff though. Just no words."

"She can feel emotions? Like other people's emotions?" Kirishima said, tilting his head.

"Apparently." Denki said, taking a bite. "She was really nice though. Wouldn't let me tell her anything before she let me know. So that I could choose to keep my secret if I wanted."

"Yeah that sounds like her." Kirishima nodded. He knew Kira had integrity. Which was a great quality to have in a mind-reader.

"Shitty hair."

Kirishima turned and smiled. "Oh hey Baku-bro!"

"I need your help." He said, glaring at him and everyone else. Most couldn't tell but Kirishima could see that the boy was nervous just walking up to their table.

The way his arms flexed and then his hands tightened into fists. He was in defensive mode.

"Sure what's up?" Kirishima asked, standing up.

"Hey Bakugou!" Mina said. "Can I talk to you?!"

"What?!" He asked, scrunching up his nose. "Uh. No! Later." He cursed himself for not being able to function around his peers properly. "Damn it!"

"What do you need bro?" Kirishima asked nicely.

Bakugou spoke quietly to Kirishima. But the curious group behind him could still pick up on it. "Kira is going to go talk to her uncle about her quirk. She doesn't want Deku to interrupt or get there first. She asked me to stop him but..."

"Okay!" Kirishima smiled. "Yeah I can help, where is he?"

"I don't fucking know... He just walked out." Bakugou grumbled, running a hand through his hair.

"Oh yeah." Denki looked over to Mina. "Kira said to tell you her and Bakugou aren't dating." He said quietly, but not quietly enough.

"W-" Bakugou looked over at them. His face went red but he masked it with anger. As usual. "WHY THE FUCK WAS SHE TALKING ABOUT THAT?!"

"Because Mina wants to know." Sero said with a snicker.

"Why the hell do you care?!" Bakugou asked her with a glare.

"I don't don't know. I think you guys would be cute." Mina said honestly. Shrugging in her seat. "Hey Bakugou about yesterday -"

"That's- damn- SHUT UP!!" Bakugou grabbed Kirishima's arms and stomped away. "And don't even mention what happened yesterday. BECAUSE I DON'T CARE!!"

"Hey wait!!" Mina yelled after him. "You can't just not let me apologize!!"

"SHUT UP PINKY!!!" Bakugou yelled back, dragging Kirishima across the cafeteria.

"So all she needs is for us to keep him from All Might?" Kirishima asked once they were almost out.

"Yeah. All Might and Kira should be in the Teachers lounge. As long as you're with me he probably won't do anything shitty." Bakugou said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Alright. Hey you do know Mina feels really bad about what happened. I mean, you did save her life yesterday. You should accept her apology." Kirishima said with a nervous smile.

"I'm not gonna accept a stupid apology. I was the one that grabbed her. Any human in that situation would have faught back. I knew she would have done something like that when I grabbed her." Bakugou rolled his eyes. "Besides it's not like I'm weak or something."

"I guess not..." Kirishima said looking at him. "He's so manly."

"Look he's almost there. Damn it-" Bakugou said when they turned a corner and saw Izuku almost to the teachers lounge door.

"Don't worry I got it." Kirishima said with a smile. "YO! Midoriya what's up?" The redhead said with a smile.

"O-oh! K-kirishima! K-k-kacchan!" He stammered. Stopping with his hand on the door.

"See! I told you he was fine!" Kirishima said to Bakugou like he gave a shit. "Me, Bakugou and the others were just a little worried. Since you got pushed out a window yesterday and all." Kirishima lied.

"O-oh! Really?!" Deku asked. Glancing over at Bakugou. "Kacchan was worried? ABOUT ME?!"

"Yeah I mean, I bet that was a pretty big fall. Hey you should probably get checked out by recovery girl again!" Kirishima said, putting a heavy hand on his shoulder.

"Oh no! Really I'm completely fine-"

"Woah is that a bruise?" Kirishima asked, pointing at the boy's perfectly clear face. "Bakugou you see that bruise?"

Bakugou just clicked his tongue and looked away.

"You definitely need medical attention! Don't worry bro we'll take care of you!" Kirishima said, pushing Midoriya from behind away from the door.

"Wait no- really I'm totally okay!" He chuckled nervously.

"We're supposed to stay out of the teachers lounge anyways right? Wouldn't want to get into trouble!" Kirishima said with a smile, his words were kind and caring but his rock solid grip told Midoriya he wasn't going to let him say no.

"But Kira went in th-"

"Oh I'm sure they need her for something! Come on buddy! Woah you look terrible! You're probably sick! Do you need me to carry you?"