014. The Era's Tour

A week passed, and Dorothea had been radio silent each and every day since Taylor Swift's birthday party and Gracie's post from there. Every time Gracie tried to reach out, Dorothea would turn her cheek and act like she didn't hear or see a thing. At last, Gracie gave up, and since neither girl tried to keep in touch, their daily communication faded to nothing.

One cold morning, as Dorothea was curled up on the couch of her childhood home, she opened Instagram to the most insane announcement of her life. A certain blonde singer was going on tour. Taylor Swift had announced the Era's Tour, and hereby the openers of the U.S. leg.

Dorothea hadn't expected to see a little white piano symbol with none other than Gracie Abrams's name following it.

She knew she hadn't had much contact with the Abrams girl as of lately, but surely she would've told her something as big as being chosen as the opener of her favourite artist's new tour, wouldn't she? If the roles were reversed, Dorothea would've most definitely called Gracie first thing after finding out.

But she hadn't heard anything about it. She got to find out at the same time as the rest of the world did.

"Nora? Did you know Taylor Swift's going on tour? And did you know Gracie's opening for it?" She asked as her little sister came strolling into the living room.

Leonora threw herself next to her sister on the soft couch and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "No, I did not, did you? Why didn't you know? Gracie tells you everything, doesn't she?" Dorothea didn't respond; she just looked down at her fumbling fingers. "Thea? Did anything happen between you and Gracie? Are you two fighting? I haven't heard you talk about her all week, and we haven't hung out with her in forever."

Dorothea's already upset face somehow faltered even more, and she refused to meet her sister's eye. She knew she'd explode and tell Leonora everything if she allowed herself to look at her.

"Thea? You know you can tell me anything, right?" Leonora's voice was so low and sounded so fragile. It made Dorothea feel kind of bad. They'd always shared everything with each other; Leonora must've felt like a stranger. Like her big sister, whom she looked up to, was pushing her away.

And the look in Leonora's eyes when Dorothea finally looked up changed everything. Dorothea spilled every detail, and it felt so freeing. Getting it all off her chest was the best idea she'd ever had.

"And, yeah, I know it's all so stupid and what the fuck not, but please, can you not tell anyone? Not even Liv. Please, Nora. Please." Dorothea had teared up somewhere along the story, and she fought desperately to keep the tears from falling.

The youngest of the sisters assured her big sister that she'd keep her mouth shut. She offered her a hug, and Dorothea jumped straight into her arms, seeking that comforting feeling that she'd always felt around her baby sister (that sadly wasn't so baby anymore, but that was an emotional breakdown for another time).

She wouldn't admit it; no one would ever get to hear her utter the words, but Dorothea, in some ways, looked up to her little sister. She loved her like no one else, and she definitely wanted to be her when she grew up, even if that didn't make totally sense.

"Okay, I thought about it all night long, and I have a feeling something's weird about Gracie and that actor dude." Leonora didn't hesitate to throw herself on top of her sister after barging into her bedroom at seven in the morning.

Dorothea pushed the girl off her with a groan and buried herself under her duvet to block out the annoying sound of her sister's voice. But she should've known better; she should've known Leonora wouldn't give a rats ass if there was a deadly swarm of bees between them, as long as she got to annoy her older sister.

"I think he's paid Gracie to date him." Leonora squeezed her head under the duvet and whispered in her sister's ear. "Or maybe he's threatening her! That's not good. Maybe he's got, like, dirt on her or something. Or maybe he's hired a hitman to kill her if she doesn't date him!"

Dorothea swung the duvet off, hitting her sister right in the face in the process. "Nora, shut up. You sound insane. Nothings wrong with Callum and Gracie or their relationship. I guess I just read the signs wrong and made up my own little fantasy about Gracie and I's relationship."

"Now you sound insane, Thea. Something's very clearly wrong with Callum; he seems weird. He's also ugly." Callum Dawson wasn't ugly at all; he was actually quite handsome, but why would Leonora ever admit that, knowing how much her sister despised the dude? "I'm telling you, there's something fishy about their relationship. You heard it from me first."

Dorothea didn't get to answer before her sister marched out of the room and slammed the door behind her to add to the drama. The oldest Bishop sister sighed and curled up under her covers again, hoping to doze off and get a bit more sleep. She'd run on minimum hours of sleep before, but she much preferred to get the sleep her body actually needed.

But she couldn't rest. Her mind was racing, and she couldn't get it to stop. At last, she picked up her phone and opened her and Gracie's messages. She needed answers.

𝙈𝙚: 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳? 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 🙃

She threw her phone back onto her nightstand and waited anxiously for a response. Her mind was going a thousand miles an hour, going over every possible outcome of her text. Her phone buzzed on her nightstand, and she craned her neck, trying to get a glimpse of the notification portrayed on the screen.

𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙮 <3: 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺...𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶

Dorothea felt herself tear up as she read the words of Gracie's message. The last line shattered her heart, because although she was a bit annoyed with Gracie for not telling her about Callum, she never wanted the girl to feel like a burden. Gracie could never bother her. Sure, she'd joke about it and call her a bother, but that was all in good fun. Never ever could Gracie be an actual burden in Dorothea's life. In fact, she'd always be the exact opposite of one — whatever that's called.

She sent her a quick congratulations before throwing her phone at the far end of her bed and curling up under her duvet, letting the tears fall freely. And at some point, she managed to doze off. Rest is rest, whether or not you have to cry yourself to sleep in order to get some.

Author's Note
I know Taylor announced The Era's Tour in November, but for the sake of the story, please just pretend that she announced it in December.
Thank you!

ALSO OMFG THE SECRET OF US????? JUNE 21???? AND RISK ON WEDNESDAY??? I AM NOT MENTALLY STABLE ENOUGH FOR THIS SHIT
I can't wait for June 21st 😭

Mwah!
@hearthands