Chapter 3. Daily Lunch with a hint of Gossip

✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦 ✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦 ✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦

I sit down with my usual squad at school, Wacky, May, Katriona, Marle, and Rea. The host of today's gossip session is of course Wacky.

"Did you hear about Layk getting sent to the office again?" he asks in a hushed voice as me and the others surge forward to hear the gossip.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for gossip.

"Reasoning?" May asks. She was more of the respectable ones of the group, well, almost all of us are more respectable when it comes to opinions than Wacky.

Wacky shrugs, "I couldn't hear, I just saw him in the office with staff speaking so I just assumed." I roll my eyes.

"Do you guys know about the retreat yet?" I ask trying to start a new subject. They all nod but there's a hint of disappointment.

"I hate that the staff is in charge of the seats on the bus and the roommates." May groans and I pull out my book journal. Most people who actually took the time to get to know me knew about the layers of books collecting dust in my room because I had almost no use for them after being read.

Just then a pair of hands land on my shoulder, "Layla!" I turn around and see Marissa, a close friend of mine and Wacky's. "Hey Marissa." I greet with a smile before she slides into the seat next to me.

"Did you guys see Ali side eyeing you guys?" Marissa asks while scrunching up her nose to look annoyed. I whirl my head around to see my ex-best friend, Ali, indeed side eyeing us. I sigh, what a day.

✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦 ✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦 ✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦

After the gossip, May, Katriona and Marle go to their subjects, while me, Wacky, Marissa and Rea go to ours.

We make our way to Science and I groan, I wasn't prepared to see what my test result was. Me and Jayre had a deal on tests, whoever scored lower had to get tutored by the other. And it must seem like it wasn't much, but this was basically just a free pass to brag.

We enter the classroom and I sit with at the edge of the line of tables at the front next to Wacky, pulling out my lucky charm, a pompompurin squishy.

Miss Angel turns to us in disappointment and I feel a shudder run down my spine. "Class, I was expecting better." she sighs and I go rigid.

✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦 ✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦 ✎ᝰ. 𓍢ִ໋🀦