NINE

Ophelia

Today we're going to interview Clara.I'm in front of her house.Gray and Paris went to Atlas Chen's house.I knocked at the door,at the granddaughter of the DT killer that tried to kill my mother,at the niece of Andie Bell and at the daughter of Becca Bell.Clara is 25.How did Ava was her friend?I got lost in my thoughts and woke up to the snap of some fingers.

  “I said, what do you want?”Clara was in front of me.

  “Uhh I'm Ophelia-”

  “I know who you are.You're the daughter of Ravi Singh,Sal's brother.”

  “Yeah…”It's the only thing I could say.

  “Do you want to come in, or we are staying at the door?"She cut in.She opened the door wide, and I went in first, then Paris and Clara closed the door. As far as I know, she lives alone after her grandmother died, but it seems that there is someone else at home.She led us to the kitchen and made us sit down.

  “What brought you here?"She asked, pouring some tea.”Do you want some tea?”I shook my head.My mom always said that I should never accept food or drinks from people that I don't know that well,you will never know their thoughts.  “Clara,I heard that you and Ava are friends. Is that true?”I asked.

  “Are you also a detective like your mother did?”She replied in a rude way.

  “No,my mother sent me to talk to you,she thinks that it works better.”

  “Yes,me and Ava were friends.”Why did she use a past tense?She thinks Ava's dead?

  “Would you mind if I take you an interview?”

  Interview III:

Ophelia:How did you and Ava become friends?
Clara:We were in the same group.I don't know how she entered my friend group.But one day she appeared with some of my friends.
Ophelia:How does she behave?
Clara:She used to be quiet till she knew us better.
Ophelia:When did you meet her?
Clara:I met her one year ago.
Ophelia:Did you see her on the 5th april?
Clara:I saw her at 6-7 p.m. She came to bring back the borrowed book,she didn't even enter the house,she told me that she needs to talk to someone.
Ophelia:What is the book called?
Clara:It's the 2nd volume of Dune.
Ophelia:Was she looking bad?
Clara:She looked perfectly fine.

  “Can I get some water please?Then we will continue”

  “Sure,I will bring you some.”I wouldn't drink the water. I will take a sipp and then spit it on a tissue.To see if she acts weird that nothing happened or she didn't try to put something in my cup.She came back with a cup of water.I Since it's not a glass, I'll pretend to drink.”Let's continue.”

  “Why didn't you drink?”She asked.So I drank all of it.”Thank you!”

Ophelia:Did you get any messages from her after?
Clara:I got one at 11 p.m. Do you wanna see it?
Ophelia:Yes.

Ava:Can I get some money till tomorrow?
Clara:Yes, sure.

  But the message wasn't sent.Her phone turned off.

Ophelia:Can I get a screenshot with this message and any other message she sent you?
Clara:Sure,what's your Instagram?
I told her my Instagram and then got the photos
Ophelia:Thank you so much.

I stopped the interview and left.When I arrived in the alley, my head started hurting.Clara put something in the water.I tried to go in the house, but I couldn't see.I heard some familiar voices.I knelt on the stones. It hurts extremely badly without pants. I'm dressed in a black skirt and my brown leather jacket.It started raining.