¤ 𝕎𝕒𝕣 ¤

Hi everyone. Its become clear to me that I can't continue the story from here on further, because of how complicated the manga itself really is. 

The best I can do is completely make up the plot from here on, and try to make it as close to the original storyline as possible--as in the same core values of the characters, the same settings, the same motivations. 

I'd like to apologize in advance to any readers who were reading this story because they read the manga or watched the anime, and wanted something akin to that. However, I myself really love Yona of the Dawn, and will continue writing this fanfiction--but please read from here on knowing that it is completely made up and very different from the original works. 

-Sara M.

----

"Soo-Won." Sara entered her husband's study in a rush. 

The young king immediately looked up from his work and stood up, confused and shocked to see his normally composed wife in such a hurry. "Yes, my dear?" 

"I have received a letter from the Xing Kingdom." The queen cleared her throat, wondering how to break it to him that she was friends with their first princess Kouren, who had witnessed her kingdom being nearly obliterated by Soo-Won's father. 

"Xing? I see. What of?" Soo-Won took off his reading glasses, and gestured for Sara to sit across from him at his desk. 

"Well. It's from their first princess Kouren-"

"Kouren?" Soo-Won frowned. "You are acquainted with her?" 

"Y-yes, and she has told me that-"

"Sara. Why are you acquainted with her?" The king leaned back in his chair. For the first time, his wife seemed nervous. 

"You see, I have known her for a long while. I used to spar with her whenever I saw her during diplomatic trips--"

"Yes, but I'm afraid I fail to see how you think it is a wise choice to continue correspondence with her, despite knowing that their kingdom is in inner turmoil."

"Inner turmoil caused by the power vacuum your father created." Sara quickly said, before grimacing. 

"Sara." Soo-Won's face was a mask of cold, calculative anger. "Watch what you say." 

"I apologize. However, putting personal vendettas aside, that is fact. Your father, general Yu-Hon, nearly eradicated all of the Xing Kingdom. Now there is a near civil war between Second Princess Tao, who wishes to remain a subsidiary of our kingdom; and First Princess Kouren, who would much rather have Xing be an independent kingdom of its own." Sara's expression was equally cold, and Soo-Won noted that her hands had stopped shaking. She was no longer his wife, but a queen.

"Do not explain politics to me, Sara. I am well aware of their situation. Explain to me, instead, your relationship with Princess Kouren." Something about their closeness bothered Soo-Won, who had thought he, Hak, and Yona had been her only friends.

"We...we have a slight history together. It does not concern you, because that part of our relationship no longer exists. We are simply friends, neither politically nor officially."

So they had courted each other long ago. Soo-Won sighed. Of course, he had expected that his wife had courted others before; he simply hadn't known that one of her past lovers would have happened to be one of such difficult political status.

"Very well. I apologize if my words offended you."

"Likewise." Sara said, but he could see she was still cold, and that something he had said had bothered her enough that she had closed herself off to him. He would likely discuss it with her later. For now, "what was in the letter?" Soo-Won gestured to the paper Sara still held.

"She tells me that there is an imminent rebellion amongst the Fire Tribe." Sara passed him Kouren's letter.

"I see. This concerns her because?"

"She also tells me that the Fire Tribe has decided to ally with the Sei Province's ruler, General Li Hazara, in order to invade the main capital of Kouka. She fears the General intends to become the ruler of the Kai Kingdom in the future--which would serve as a problem for us all."

"He plans to usurp us with them? Kan Soo-Jin...he has always had an eye on the throne." Soo-Won ran a hand over his face. "What do you advise, my wife?"

"They will fail. The Fire Tribe hardly have the manpower nor the strength, and General Li Hazara is not an intelligent man. I suggest we simply meet them with our own army, as they want." Sara replied. Her every word dripped with confidence and the experience of a hundred battles, despite her youth. 

"This is a great gamble, is it not?"

"No. I say it with certainty. And besides, you already have a plan, do you not?" The queen smiled knowingly. 

"Yes. I will call General Joo-Doh." 

---

"You are still angry." Soo-Won cast his outer robe aside, beginning to untie the inner robe.

"Not angry, only concerned." Sara replied from behind him, where she sat in front of her vanity, combing her hair.

"Concerned?" Soo-Won changed into his sleeping robes. The moon slipped in through the open window of their imperial chambers, illuminating Sara with its pale, forgiving light. She glowed beautifully, and Soo-Won found himself wishing to embrace her. 

"You react harshly to the mentioning of General Yu-Hon, which concerns me. He will be brought up again and again to undermine your worth and skill." Sara put down her brush and turned to him. "How will you handle lies if you cannot handle fact?" 

Soo-Won sighed and walked to her, lacing their hands together. "I understand. I promise to you, it will not happen again." Yes, he knew. This room was the only place he could show himself for who he truly was, and she was the only one with which he could relax his hold on himself. 

"Alright. Now come, let us sleep. Tomorrow, there is a war to be fought."