Aftermath

Jai and Viren understood that this has been a huge shock for Daivik and decided to continue their conversation, thinking they were giving him space. They thought that he would come back to study to discuss his options and decided to see what they could tell him.

Viren: All this sounds horrible, Jai, we have done very badly. If we cannot go to the courts then.... Is there a way around ?

Jai : What do you want?

Viren: I want them back in the family...where they belong

Jai: Then Daivik should marry the mother again, by hook or by crook!

Viren: Hmm...marriage that seems far off...I mean he ends up with a slap or a punch every time he meets her!

Jai: (sarcastic and winking) Sounds quite romantic ... she really loves him...

Viren: That is why I think marriage is not an option here....

Jai: By the way, thinking of marriage, Darsh will also have a notice served on him.

Viren: Darsh?

Jai: Yes, it seems there is some gap related to the annulment papers he signed

Viren: Nothing that happened six years ago worked out...my marriage broke, Dev and Darsh's marriages ended in annulment.

Jai: Only Dheemant's marriage survived and that too by the skin of his teeth

Viren: What do you mean by that?

Jai: Long story...his papers were also signed and ready... we had to do...legal acrobatics to keep it together.

Viren: What is the issue with Darsh?

Jai: The girl he was married to, is marrying again. Her fiancé and his lawyers had a look at the papers and reached out to us and asked for clarifications. While going through in detail we spotted that some legalities were not completed.

Viren: (with alarm) So, they are still married?

Jai: Not exactly, but Darsh needs to close some formalities. I called him last week.

Viren: What did he say?

Jai: That he is busy and will get back soon.

Viren was looking away and missed the mischievous smile on Jai's face. He did not know what his naughty brother and his best friend were plotting something. Seeing how tense Viren was, Jai decided that it would be for the best for his friend to chill.

Jai: You are lost in thought...

Viren: Sometimes I feel old, with all these family matters still not tied up...

Jai: You sound like your grandfather!

Viren: I feel like him bro! At times I feel that Veni is my eldest kid!

Jai: You take it too seriously old man!

Viren: It is the responsibility of the head of the house! kiddo!!

Jai: Then please get yourself a wife to help you take care of all these kids!

Viren: Why would someone accept all this headache- I am handling kids of all sizes. (Viren looked away)

Jai: (eyeing his friend closely) It is time that you also marry the one you like...

Viren: (becoming self conscious) What nonsense, I have been cheated enough for a lifetime to even think of a relationship.

Jai: You told me once that you promised to marry someone! You were asking me how to wriggle out of that promise!

Viren: Ohh that turned out to be a false alarm! That promise was under duress and the lady also, did not press on me to fulfill my promise (by now Viren was blushing and had a smile on his face as if remembering a sweet incident).