13: Pushing the Limits: A Night of Magical Innovation

John sat cross-legged on the floor of his magically enhanced room, his eyes closed in deep concentration. He had been experimenting with his Syntax Sorcery for hours, pushing the limits of his unique programming magic. Despite the fatigue from sleep deprivation, he refused to stop, driven by an insatiable curiosity to unravel the mysteries of his unique ability.

As the night wore on, John turned his attention to the concept of loops. In traditional programming, a loop was designed to repeat a particular code a certain number of times, saving time and effort. John wondered if he could apply this principle to his magical abilities.

He focused his mind on the idea of a magical punch, a devastating attack that could strike any target within his line of sight. He began to construct the code in his mind, his fingers twitching as if typing on an invisible keyboard.

MagicalPunch = World.create("punch")

MagicalPunch.strength = 10

MagicalPunch.speed = 60KM

MagicalPunch.location = "1 Meter in front of me"

As he completed the final line of the code, the air around John shimmered with motes of multicolored light. He opened his eyes and focused on a spot a few feet away where the atmosphere seemed to pulse and stir with anticipation. Without a physical gesture, the magic in the room responded to his will: the tiny particles swirled faster, condensing into an unseen force.

A barely perceptible hum filled the space as the motes of magic coalesced into the potency of the programmed punch. Then, in a split second, the built-up energy was released with precision, and the wall buckled slightly under the invisible strike. Bits of plaster dust drifted down from the point of impact, leaving tangible evidence of the magical attack.

John's heart sank as he surveyed the damage to the wall, his momentary elation quickly replaced by a growing sense of unease. While he had successfully created a magical attack that could strike with incredible speed and force without the need for physical contact, the consequences of his actions were now all too apparent. The dent in the wall served as a stark reminder of the potential destruction his newfound powers could cause if left unchecked.

As the initial rush of excitement faded, John found himself grappling with the weight of responsibility that came with wielding such abilities. He realized that he would need to exercise greater control and restraint in the future, lest his experiments result in more significant damage or even harm to others. The possibilities of his Syntax Sorcery were indeed endless, but so too were the risks if he failed to master his powers.

Recognizing the potential for even greater destruction, John refrained from experimenting with loops within the confines of his room. The damage already inflicted served as a sobering warning, and he resolved to find a more suitable location to test the limits of his abilities without risking further harm to his surroundings. The last thing he wanted was to explain to the innkeeper why his room had been reduced to rubble.

John spent the next few hours refining the code, experimenting with different variations and parameters while targeting the empty air in the center of the room. He increased the strength of the punch, tweaked its speed and accuracy. With each code execution, he grew more confident in his ability to control the magical attack, the air shimmering and pulsing with the force of his coded will.

As the night wore on, John's curiosity led him to explore the potential of vision-based code. He wondered if he could create an invisible, artificial eye that could connect with his own vision, granting him enhanced sight or even the ability to see through solid objects. The concept was thrilling, and he set to work, his mind racing with the possibilities as he crafted the intricate code.

John's eyes snapped open, his heart racing with excitement as he began to craft the code for an artificial, ethereal eye. The concept was thrilling, and he set to work, his mind racing with the possibilities as he crafted the intricate code.

ArtificalEye = World.create("ArtificialEye")

ArtificalEye.link.senses = "John's Vision"

As the code executed, the magic in the room responded, creating an invisible, artificial eye. John felt an immediate connection, his senses expanding as he saw through the ethereal orb. With a mere thought, he could control the eye's location, sending it soaring through the air.

Curiosity overtook him, and John directed the eye to explore the city's beauty from above. It glided over the rooftops, offering him a breathtaking view of the sprawling metropolis. As the eye ventured further, John guided it towards the surrounding forest, marveling at the lush greenery and the tranquility of nature.

Suddenly, a horrifying sight caught his attention. Through the artificial eye, John witnessed Barim tied to a tree, his body battered and bruised as goblins tortured him mercilessly. John's heart sank, filled with sorrow and disbelief. Why hadn't Barim torn the paper he had given him, summoning John to his aid?

Without hesitation, John activated another piece of custom code, deactivating the artificial eye and preparing to teleport to Barim's side.

ArtificalEye.destroy

The ethereal orb dissipated, its magical essence fading into the air.

John.location.set("30 centimetres to Barim's right")

In an instant, John vanished from his room, reappearing beside Barim with a soft pop. The goblins, startled by his sudden appearance, exclaimed, "He came right to us, that makes things a whole lot easier!"

Barim, his voice weak and strained, pleaded, "John, run while you can. Why did you come? These are the Claw of Vengeance, not your ordinary goblins."

John, his heart heavy with sadness, replied, "Barim, why didn't you tear the paper? I could of helped you earlier. Look at the state you're in. Let's talk after. "

As he took in the sight of his friend's battered form, John's sadness transformed into intense anger and rage. He turned to the goblins, his eyes blazing with fury, and declared, "You're going to pay for this! I knew all goblins are pure evil. I promise I'll destroy every last one of you!"

The goblins smirked, their confidence unwavering. "You came right to us. You might be a powerful sorcerer, but we are the most elite goblins from our village. No sorcery in this continent can face us, let alone escape with their lives."

Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.