Chapter 14: Katniss

I wake up kind of regretting letting Peeta sleep on me. Because last night I forgot one little, tiny, minuscule detail.

The baby decides that they want to empty my bladder at like five in the morning. And now I'm stuck under a huge body that's pretty much dead to the world and clutching me close to them in a vice grip. I mean, yes I missed him, but I didn't expect to be used as his teddy bear.

"Peeta," I say pushing on his shoulder. "Get off me!" He just groans and holds me tighter. "Peeta Mellark, If you don't get off of me this instant, I'm going to throw you on the floor." He just moans so I slap him upside the head.

"Ow!" he says. "What was that for?" I slide out from under him and he just stares at me.

"For knocking me up with a baby that decides I need to pee at five in the morning," I say walking to the bathroom.

When I come back out, he's sitting on the edge of the bed. I sit down on the bed behind him and gently start removing the bandages off his back. The infection that was making his back red and inflamed has subsided. I gently run my fingers over the ragged wounds.

"I'm so sorry I let this happen," I say laying my head on his shoulder. He gently takes my hand and kisses it.

"You had no choice," he says. "I ordered you to go home."

"I'm your equal," I say. "I could have fought the order."

"But then you'd have either been locked up or killed," he says kissing my cheek. "And I'd rather go through what I went through than not have you safe." I lay my head on his shoulder and I feel him gently stroke my hair. "Have you ever thought about getting married?"

"What?" I ask him.

"Have you ever thought about getting married," he says. I pull away from him and pull my hair away from my neck to reveal the pale scar he left there almost a month and a half ago.

"Is this not enough for you?" I ask him.

"Of course," he says.

"Then why would you want to get married?" I ask him. "It doesn't usually happen in our world."

"Because I always wanted to give you the day of your dreams when I finally met you," he says.

"But I never saw that in my life," I say. "I've never wanted anything from you. I don't need a fancy wedding. I'm fine with this being our life. I'll start calling myself by your name if you want. But I really don't see how a wedding would bring us any closer than we are. It's not that I don't want to. I just don't see a reason we would have to."

"I thought you'd want to get that big day where you walked down the isle in that long white dress and you'd dance with me and..." he starts but I press my fingers to his lips.

"I think it's a little late for the white dress," I say rubbing my ever so slightly swollen stomach."And since when do we need a real reason to dance. If you want to dance with me, then all you have to do is ask."

"You mean it?" he asks.

"Yes," I say. "Why would you think you had to have a wedding to dance with me? I'm yours. I always have been and always will be." I kiss him softly on the cheek. I get up and walk to the radio. I carefully put in a disk and shut the lid and smile as the music starts to play.

"Now I've had the time of my life
No, I've never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you
'Cause I've had the time of my life
And I owe it all to you"

"Do you wanna dance or what?" I ask him holding out my hand to him. He smiles as he takes it. I pull him on to his feet and wrap his arms around me and let him dance with me.

"I've been waiting for so long
Now I've finally found someone
To stand by me

We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical fantasy

Now with passion in our eyes
There's no way we could diguise it secretly

So we take each others hand
'Cause we seem to understand the urgency

Just remember
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love, because

I've had the time of my life
No I've never felt this way before
Yes I swear it's the truth,
And I owe it all to you

Hey Baby
With my body and soul
I want you more than you'll ever know
So we'll just let it go,
don't be afraid to lose control, no

Yes I know what's on your mind,
when you say "Stay with me tonight"
(Stay with me)

Just remember, you're the one thing,
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something,
This could be love because
I've had the time of my life,
(I've had the time of my life)
No, I've never felt this way before,
Yes I swear it's the truth
(Yes I swear)
And I owe it all to you

Cause I've had the time of my life
And I've searched through every open door
(through everywhere)
Till I found the truth
And I owe it all to you

Cause I've had the time of my life
And I've searched through every open door
(through everywhere)
Till I found the truth
And I owe it all to you

Cause I've had the time of my life
And I've searched through every open door
(through everywhere)
Till I found the truth
And I owe it all to you

Now I've had the time of my life
No I never felt this way before (Never Felt this way)
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you

I've had the time of my life
No I never felt this way before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you
'Cause I've had the time of my life
And I've searched through every open door
Till I've found the truth
And I owe it all to you"

By the time the song ends I'm laughing.

"Well that was fun," I say. "We should do it more often.

"That's not the only thing we should do more often," he whispers in my ear. I laugh and feel his hands start sliding under my shirt."If you know what I mean."

"Are you sure you're feeling up to it?" I ask. He nods into my neck as he gently kiss my mark, making me shiver.

"I've been waiting to do this again for a while?" he whispers into my neck. I look out the window and notice the sun is no where near up yet.

"Well, I guess we have a few hours to kill before the meeting," I say and the rest of the night gets swept away just like the first time.