three

"Nate, maybe you should ca-"

"Do you know how many times I almost called him but hung up last minute? Too many."

"Well." Nash huffed out a irritated sigh. "You shouldn't hang up this time."

Cameron shot me an apologetic look over Nash's shoulder and I clenched my hands into fists.

"Maybe you should give it a chance?" Cameron said to me, it turned more into a question though.

"If you guys would leave me alone about it, then yeah, I will!" I finally snapped.

"But we weren't th-" Nash started to speak but Cameron seized his chin with his fingers. He pressed his lips to Nash's softly and I gagged.

"Can you guys not do that for two seconds?!" I growled as I walked away, rolling my eyes and grabbing my phone.

+ +

I had to make a few calls before Sam, though.

"Hello?" The sleepy voice softly asked.

"Hey, Matt."

"Why are you calling me? I'm hanging up by-"

"No! Please don't hang up. Have you heard anything about Sam?"

"No! Why wo-"

"Stop lying, please. I have so much stuff against you I could easily expose you to all your precious fans."

"I can't believe I thought you changed." Matt snorted. "I thought Sam changed you into a better person. But no, you still backstab and blackmail people."

"Matt, you seriously don't want to mess with me."

"Why don't you just leave Carter, Sam, and I alone? We never wanted this!"

"You may never have wanted this, but Sam did."

"He didn't want anything."

"You don't know anything about him."

"Neither do you." His reply was quick, without thinking.

"I wouldn't be so sure, Matt. Just please tell me how Sam is."

"He's fine. Living with that Dillion kid. Dillion's proposing soon. I have no idea what else though."

"You're lying Matt."

"Nope, either take my word or leave it."

"Why would Dillion propose? It hasn't been a year yet!"

"Listen, I have to go."

"Matt, no you have to tell me more."

"If you want to know more, find out yourself."

He hung up before I could get a single word out of my mouth. Dillion's proposing to the only person I will ever love?

I let my head drop into my hands and dug my palms into my eyes until I saw spirals and colors of confusion.

+ +

I stared at his name, I hadn't changed it - my sammy.

I hit call and let it ring. One, two, three, four... I was praying to any God I could think of for him to answer.

"Hello?" He asked. "Who is this?"

My heart sank to my feet. He didn't have my number saved anymore.

"Nate." I said through gritted teeth that were holding back tears. "It's Nate."

"Oh, hi, Nate!" His voice held happiness within it. I sighed softly. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to ask how things were with you."

"It's been eleven months..." his voice dropped. "...eleven months happened. You really want to know what I have been up to for eleven months?"

"Only if you want to tell me." I felt myself close my eyes as I listened to his familiar voice that I missed.

"You're only making this harder for me."

I sighed as softly as I could, "I know."

"I adore him. I adore Dillion and you should probably know that."

"I do know that." I whispered softly. "I understand that you adore him, but do you love him?"

"Nate, why-"

"Do you love him?" I asked again. "Do you love when he laughs and his crinkles by his mouth appear? Do you love when he talks softly or how he smiles at you because if you don't, there's someone out there that will love Dillion in a way you couldn't."

"I don't know..." his voice cracked a little as the volume of his voice dropped to nothing.

"I think you're still amazing as ever." I softly laid my hand across my head. "You have had eleven months with him. If you don't know if you love him or not, it's kind of bad."

"You can't rush love."

"But maybe we can."

+ +

The early morning sun cast into my eyes as I groaned and flipped over in the deck chair.

I fell asleep outside after Sam and I hung up. Great, now my neck and back are going to be killing me all day.

I stretched and reached for my phone. The thought of the innocent boy made my heart race. Nothing had happened between us and it ended up being cut off when he had to go meet Dillion for a dinner downtown.

Right now, Sam and I were holding a rubber band between us. Every time we talked, we both would step back. And somehow, he always let go of the rubber band causing me the most hurt.

It was always me.

to: sammy

hey maybe we should talk when you get the chance?

The familiar blue text bubble appeared and the little "delivered" did as well.

I sigh and collapsed back into bed, yanking my covers up.

+ +

authors note: THE SILENCE BETWEEN SKAMMY IS BROKEN!!!!

soooo what did u guys think?

does this book suck?

comment and vote to let me know!!!

luv each and every one of u!!!