five

sam

To say that Nate was drunk was a major understatement. Nate was so intoxicated he could barely even stand without collapsing back into my fragile frame.

"Nate." I tried to keep my voice from quivering. "Please just get into the car."

I didn't want this night to end like this, and by that I mean end up with me breaking down and sobbing in the middle of a bar's parking lot completely sober.

That's not how tonight is going to end. I refuse to let it end like that. I hesitantly grabbed Nate's wrist, dragging him towards my car.

"Nate."

"SAMMMYY MY LOVE."

I gritted my teeth to swallow back the sadness and tears that were rising up my throat like bile.

Then it hit me - I can't do this.

"Please just get in the car." My voice was nothing but a whisper, opening his door for him to face plant into.

I swallowed back the tears as I slammed the door shut, careful not to smash his fingers or body parts in the door.

I stood in the warm air for a second, letting my world spin around me, almost causing me to vomit.

I gave myself a little pep talk to calm my nerves and opened the door of the drivers side.

"MY BABY IS BACK!" Nate squealed, leaning over the console to try and hold my hand.

I bit my lip, "buckle up please, Nate."

Do not give in. Do not give in. Do not give in. Do not give in. Do not give in. Do not give in.

Those four words were the only thing that I could process as we drove in complete silence. I felt Nate's hot stare boring into the side of my head.

"Baby, why are you ignoring me?"

I tried not to squeeze my eyes shut. How drunk was he?

"We're not together anymore."

As the streets became more familiar to me, almost like they were the back of my hand, I breathed in shaky breaths.

"What?" His voice was low and whiny, and tears were in his eyes. "Why don't you love me?"

I parked in front of his house and stole a glance at him. The radio softly hummed a loud, almost, obnoxious beat of "Mercy" by Kayne West.

"It's not that-" I cut myself off with a soft sigh. "I will always love you."

The next thing I knew was Nate's lips were on mine and we were basically on top of each other.

"Lamborghini mercy, your chick she so thirsty, I'm in this two seat Lambo, with your girl, she's trying to jerk me."

Then everything came crashing down around me.

§ § § § §

authors note: that took a turn omg