Chapter 22

For the past couple of weeks things have been going great between Nathan and I. Now I can't say the same for my family. My mama has been trying to come around a lot just to tick me off and get on my nerves. My brothers, dad and I have been trying our best to stay out of contact with my mom, but I got a feeling that's about to get even harder since my dad said he was filing for divorce. He hasn't told my mom yet but I got a feeling that when she find out she not gone take it well.

I woke up out my bed and went downstairs to realize that I was actually home alone. I then decided to go and check the mailbox and went through it before I saw a letter for me from USC, UCLA, and Stanford University. I then noticed my brother got a letter from Michigan State University, UCLA and Stanford University. I then ran inside of the house and called my brother to tell him to get his booty home because we got our college letters in the mail. Lucas and I always talked about opening up our college letters together. I then proceeded to call Nathan because I wanted him to be here for this, plus he already knows where he's going. I also called my dad and Amber was already on her way with Lucas. I waited impatiently for all of them to get here. I waited for everyone to sit down before I handed Lucas his letter and then we both stared at each other before nodding our heads telling each other to go ahead and open it. I decided to go ahead and open the Stanford letter with my brother. We opened it at the same time and read it then we both said

" I got into Stanford."

Everyone in the room was so happy and I opened to UCLA which I got into. Then I paced myself for my USC letter because honestly this is the school that I really wanted to go to. I took a deep breath and than paced myself. I took a peak inside the letter and that's when I seen the words "Congratulations you have been accepted" and I lost it and started jumping up and down.

"I got into Stanford and USC" Amber said which made me even happier.

"I'm so proud of my babies" my dad said grabbing Lucas and I and giving us a hug.

"My famous twin and I going to Stanford University, this is going to be great." Lucas said hugging me which made my smile drop.

"Actually Lucas I think I'm going to USC." I say looking down at my fingers trying to avoid eye contact

"Oh no the hell you aren't, not by yourself with all them guys out there." Lucas said shaking his head and putting his foot down.

"I'm not gone be alone Lucas. Amber is coming with me, Amber and I have dreamed about this moment ever since we were little. We both made a promise to each other that if we both got into USC then that's where we was going. " I said trying to get him to understand.

"Like that's suppose to make it better, your brother is right. Plus I don't feel comfortable about you going to a different school with all them boys. " Nathan said crossing his arms

"Y'all Can't choose where Amber and I go to college at." I said starting to get mad at my brother and Nathan.

"Yes I can choose where y'all go to college at. I'm your brother and Amber boyfriend."

When Lucas said that, I rolled my eyes at him for how difficult he was being. I then looked at my father for help.

"Look Lucas and Nathan you can't decide where the girls go to college at, and you might want to use your words very carefully." My dad said looking at the boys

"Well fine then if they want to go off to California and be little sluts in college then that's them..." Lucas and Nathan said

My mouth and Amber mouth dropped when they said that, and my father just shook his head. I can't believe that they just called us some sluts.

"Well since we're going to college to be some sluts how about you go to college and find yourself a new girlfriend." Amber said

"And you do the same." I said looking at Nathan.

Then Amber and I stormed off up the stairs to my room and slammed the door. After a couple of hours of talking junk about Nathan and Lucas and saying how stupid guys are. We worked up an appetite and decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. We walked right by the boys and seen that they had a curious look on there faces as to where Amber and I where going and we didn't care to tell them. I opened the door for Amber and I to walk out when I seen my mother standing in the doorway glaring at me.

"Dad your Ex wife is coo coo for coco puffs. I'm a scream and call the police if she doesn't get out my way." I yell upstairs so that everyone can hear me.

Within a few seconds my dad comes rushing down the stairs with Lucas, Nathan, and Austin not to far behind him.

"Dad tell her to get out. No one wants her here." I said talking to my dad but looking at the woman who gave birth to me. She walked over to me and started pushing me and pointing her finger in my face saying..

"This is all your fault, if only you hadn't opened your big mouth."

Then she went and did the unbelievable and slapped me in my face. I stood there frozen for a quick second taking everything in and then I slapped her back in the face as hard as I could. and then I started yelling at her.

"No this isn't my fault, its yours. Because instead of being a hoe and thinking about another married man dick all the time, you should've been worrying about your kids and husband at home. Don't blame me for your mistakes, because I did the right thing by telling my father. A mom is supposed to be a role model for there child and you know what, I'm going to college and I'm a make something out of myself because I don't want to be anything like the lady that was supposed to be my role model. And do everyone in this room a favor and sign those divorce papers."

*Author Note*

To all my readers I am so sorry it took me so long to update. I've been going through some personal things and it took me some time to deal with it. I've also been super busy with my job and school, so I haven't really had time to write. But I promise to always try and make more time to write, I also promise to never take that long again to update.

P.S - I have a surprise for you in the next chapter and I will write the surprise in my Author Note so be on the look out.

--Crazy Kayla