Food fights over boys.

Jaden Smith as EJ 😍

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corey.

Edited.

Outside the kebab shop there was an unattended stall, bursting with multicoloured flowers which attracted a multitude of bees.

Alex squealed and swatted them away. "Don't kill the bees!" Sam gripped his arm and pulled it away from the bee -- towards her. His calloused hands rested on her forearm, their arms pressed together as though forever. She tried to look away, but her eyes wouldn't close. They took everything in about him -- his onyx eyes and his august Maori features.

"Yeah Alex, you asshole, don't you know they are endangered?" Cole rebuked him, airily slapping him upside his head. Alex dropped my arms so he could paw at his best friend.

The kebab shop was run a Turkish immigrant family, who were especially loved on Saturday nights. It was a small, two roomed affair. The floor was laid with blue, intrinsically painted ornamental tiles and the walls were done in white. Dividing the front room in two was a long kitchen counter, where they made the kebabs fresh and in front of their customers. Behind that was the storeroom. Other features of the front room included; a claw machine, ice cream freezer and a drinks fridge.

"Oh sweet, they have one of those games." Alex motioned to the claw machine next to the drinks refrigerator. Ever the competitive spirit, I sensed a challenge. I flicked my short, mousy brown hair behind my ears. With my arms folded across my chest and a half cocked smile I proposed a challenge to Alex. "Twenty bucks says I can beat you in it."

"You're on, love." Alex and I shoved each other in the arms, and tripped each other up in an effort to get to the claw machine first. After swinging me around by the waist, Alex got there first.

Waiting for my turn, I heard Cole and Sam bickering at the counter. They were ordering for all of us, using Jace's daddy's money. "Can I have a vegetarian one?" Sam asked Cole more than the cashier.

"A vegetarian one?! No!" Cole scoffed, just to infuriate her. He gazed at her from the corner of his eye, and gave the closest thing to a smile I believed him to be capable of.

I beat Alex in the claw machine, winning a black and white tiger. I followed the boys over to the table in the corner -- next to the window. The winter light streamed in, trying its best to keep us warm. When Alex wasn't looking I slid the teddy across the table to Izzy. She smiled, and hid it under the table.

The waiter brought us our kebabs, wrapped in white paper and on a plate. The chips were a mountain on its own. "This is low key the best idea you've ever had." Jace told Cole, who gloated in turn. Jace's bliss however, was short lived, when a girl with bared teeth approached.

"Jason Drake?" The girl slammed the milkshake on the table, sloshing the thick substance over her hands. She looked familiar, and wore the blue uniform of Mum's with gratification.

"Yes?" Jace rose his eyebrows in apprehension, looking to Alex and Cole for help.

She gripped the base of the milkshake. "This is from Macey." She slopped it over his hair, and it splattered down his face, his neck and his uniform. He gasped, his hands half raised in a incensed stupor. Cole couldn't control himself -- he rested his forehead against the table top and cried with laughter, slapping his hands against his thighs. "And you Cole St Michael, you're no better."

Wiping tears from the crease of his eyes he cackled. "I know I'm not sweetheart."

It was seldom like me, but I leaned toward the girl and hissed. "Piss off you stupid idiot."