Chapter 7: Crushes & Backstories

Mae's POV

AS I WENT INTO THE lunchroom, I found my friends already deep into a conversation, and guess what it was about? Boys. When I sat down with my lunch Izzy quickly filled me in.

"Hey Mae!" She said happily, as ever, "you will not believe what just happened! Skyler has a crush on someone."

Me and Izzy both sang our chores of oos at the same time and Skyler's face turned a dark shade of red. She started twirling her black hair that was near her face. She mumbled something not understandable.

"Soooo who is it?" I pressured.

Skyler's face turned a deep red again and she once again said something I couldn't understand once again, most likely a curse for Izzy. Finally she mumbled something we could hear.

"There is no way of getting out of this is there?" She said with a sigh.

"Nope!" Me and Izzy said together.

"Fine! I'll tell you about him." Skyler said, "But not his name. He is tall. Handsome. Mysterious."

"Oh I know who it is! I know who it is! Is it Scott?" She asked.

"What! No. That guy is a freak. Plus he's a jerk. Why in the whole entire universe would I like him? Besides, my crush has brown hair, and green eyes, and-"

"Wait. Is it... Dex?" I asked. Skyler's cheeks turned bright red and she looked directly at the ground. I had gotten my answer. Skyler liked Dex. Izzy's eyes went wide with shock. Izzy liked all the guys in school all except Dex. Her mouth opened wide, and whatever she had been eating fell onto her tray.

"You. Like. DEX?" She said, a bit too loud. The surrounding tables turned to us wanting to hear new gossip. I needed to save Skyler from this shame.

"Yes Izzy. He's my brother I have a right to like him." I said, smoothly. I had a way of coming up with lies on the spot like that. Izzy smiled, a bit embarrassed, but Skyler looked at me gratefully. Our listeners went back to their conversations, knowing we weren't going to give them new information.

"Why do you like him, exactly?" Izzy asked, much quieter now. 

"I don't know. I just he seems to be a bit different from when he got back. More calm, relaxed, chill. Yet mysterious, brooding, yet still a caring person, but he just doesn't want to show it." Skyler said.

"I know what you mean. He DOES seem different." Izzy said, I nodded my head in agreement, even though I lost them after that. I didn't care why they thought my brother was cute. 

Soon I saw my brother enter the cafeteria. He was wearing dark ripped jeans, and a black leather jacket. On his lips he wore a smirk, and the blonde girl stood by his side. I could hear the jaws drop. I shook my head is disbelief. Who was this person, and what the hell did he do with my brother.

*  *  * 

Dex's POV

I went straight into the woods with Charlotte after school today. We sat in silence for a few moments when finally a question that had been burning in my soul for a few days now finally came out of my lips.

"Remember the last night of the full moon? Who were those werecats we saw?" I asked, I wanted to know, no I needed to know. 

Charlotte was silent for a moment, debating whether or not to tell me, then finally she sighed. "I know one of them as Dillan. He was once close to me. Then we grew apart. When I finally saw him again, I didn't recognize him. He had changed SO much. He is special like us, but he is also-" She stopped talking. I watched as though she wanted to say it but she just couldn't.

"What is it Charlotte?" I asked. I needed to know what she was going to say. I could be very important to, well, everything.

"Well my brother was the one that changed me into a werecat." She said, softly. 

"You weren't born as one?" I asked. I didn't know much about Charlotte's past, that was for sure. I also didn't know what her brother had to do with Dillan.

"No. I was changed back when my brother didn't hate me. When I was little, just three or four, we were really close. I can hardly remember that time though. I was so young. Anyways, he disappeared for ten years! I was heartbroken, my mother died of grief. My father was always depressed, too, afterwards. We thought he was dead." Charlotte said, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Char-" I started but she cut me off starting her tale again.

"He came back to us, though. I remember it clearly. He stood there, knocked on the door and told us what had happened. We told him, what had happened. It was a night of many tears, some of sorrow, some of joy. A few months past and he wanted to go on a ship, to explore the world. I snuck aboard it too. So I came here. He soon realized what I had done, and he was furious with me. He wanted to take me back, but I don't want to go back. Not now. Not ever. He got so mad that he bit me in anger, and I changed. Then I came here. I thought I could keep my secret but I couldn't. I killed so many people. Now my brother really hates me. Then I met you. You have saved me from the darkness inside of me. Thank you for that." 

"Charlotte, I don't need your thanks. I just want you to be my friend. I want us to discover our power together." I said. A long moment of perfect silence passed between us. Then I finally asked, "Charlotte?"

"Yeah?" She breathed.

"Who is your brother?" I asked.

After a slight hesitation, she said "Dillan." 

-=+=-

AN:

Hello my lovely readers! How has your day been? Good? I hope so! I also hope that you have enjoyed my chapter readers! So please like and such and I will keep the chapters coming.

The girl above is Skyler! 

Poll: Would you rather have a picture of Izzy or Charlotte for the next chapter? If you people don't decide then I will! See ya later!