Chapter 16: Princesses & Dates

Dex's POV

THE NEXT NIGHT I WAS luckily me. Nick hadn't even shown his face since the failed attack on the Pumpkin Ball. He have me the controls back afterwards too. It was nice to be me again. The bad news was that I hadn't seen Charlotte since then. I was a bit worried but I knew she could handle herself.

I was grooming myself when a face appeared beside me. It was Red. She sat down and looked at me silently, trying to decide if I was me or not. Finally she came to a conclusion.

"Hello Dexter." She said.

"What? Who's Dexter? My name is Nick!" I replied, sarcastically. Red rolled her eyes and continued on.

"Will you please explain what happened to me last night? " She said looking me in the eyes.

"I don't know. Nick just took control. Charlotte said if my emotions got too strong this would happen. He doesn't listen to me, only uses my past experiences to benefit him. So no, it was not my fault." I said, bluntly.

"I wish I could relate. Although I'm a different kind of werecat." She said, softly.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"I wasn't bitten. Not like you or Dillan or Charlotte. I was born the way I was, a cat. Also to make things worse, I grew up on Sunrise. On Sunrise werecats are affected differently. We change when the sun hits us. Not any other time. So coming to the World, it's been difficult." She said. Then there was a long pause. Neither of us spoke and the silence became icy.

"So what about Nick?" I finally asked.

"What about him?" Red said.

"How can I stop him from hurting people. I mean..." I trailed off.

"You can't. He is a part of you now, like your heart. You must keep your emotions in check, that's for sure. You might also want to keep away from Moon Shade."

"Yeah, no kidding." I muttered.

"Dex, I feel sorry for you. You must walk a dark and dangerous path alone. Nobody can save you from what has already took place." 

"What do you mean?" 

"You have lied to your sister. She will find out the truth. Trust me on that one. You are also of great power. You have more power than most werecats do. I feel the blood runs deep within your veins. You must find your Uncle."

"Why? He disappeared when I was just a little kid." I said. Red just shook her head then left.

I was shocked at what had just happened. I replayed our conversation over, and over in my head. Why did I have to find my Uncle? Red had given no hints on where or how to find him. I sighed wishing I knew more, and hoping that Red's dark prophecy would never come true. Only I knew it was going too.

*  *  *

Mae's POV

I stood in front of the Mountain Top, waiting for Xander so we could have our date. I breathed in the smoky smell of barbecue. I sat outside on a bench until Xander arrived. He was wearing a loose t-shirt and jeans. I think he was in 10th grade, just a grade ahead of me.

"You do know, you're late right?" I asked him.

"Well I prefer to think that everyone else is just early." He said with a smile. I rolled my eyes and went in. We went in and got our food then sat down. As I started eat I noticed Xander staring at me.

"What?" I asked him, my mouth slightly full.

"You just inhaled two sandwiches." He smiled, "Most of my dates refuse to eat more than 200 calories."

"You're just jealous." I told him.

"You're just taking advantage that I'm paying." he retorted, playfully.

"That's not true! I'm also taking advantage that I lost your dumb bet, that you cheated on." I retorted.

"Ah ha. A jealous, sore loser." He told me. I rolled my eyes and gave him a playful shove. We continued to eat until he finally broke the silence. "So tell me about yourself." he said.

"Well, I'm a open book." I said, nonchalantly. "I moved here in the summer with my twin brother and father. My mom died in a car crash, so don't ask."

"Noted." Xander commented.

"That's all there is too know. So tell me about yourself." I said.

"Well I've lived here since I was seven. I have a dad who doesn't pay any attention to me and lives in California, my Mom is divorced to him and is a lawyer here. I play basketball and I've had sixteen dates in the last seventeen Fridays."

"Yikes. That either means you're a player or you can't find a girl." I commented.

"Yes, no kidding." He mumbled.

"So question number two. How did you get those special effects set up at the Pumpkin Ball? They looked so real." I asked, remembering the night.

"Mae, Mae, Mae. You know as well as I what they really were." He said, then his voice dropped to a whisper, "Werecats." With that he got up and left. I stood there for a while, not sure of what to do. Whatever I did it needed to be done. Xander knew the truth about the werecats and I was going to find out how.

-=+=-

AN:

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've updated. Or for me at least. I mean crazycatladymeow was just saying I needed to update at school today. So I finally got my lazy but off the couch and walked the five steps to the computer. So I hope you enjoyed reading! I'm sorry it is short (especially compared to the last one!) But I'm still recovering from Chapter 15. So that's all for now. Remember to vote and comment! BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The picture is of a rose because of Mae's date. Why is it by a strawberry, you may ask? Why is in Kya's picture is she eating a apple, you may wonder? Why does this crazy author keep putting fruit in her pictures, is she just hungry?!?!?! All these questions and more will be answered! If I feel like it!