Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six

"You guys really go all out for Christmas, don't you?" I raised a brow at Callie as I glanced around at all of the holiday decorations in sight, from tinsel to trees, it seemed as though the hospital had every type of decoration that I could think of.

"Why not? Makes the place look a little less bleak." She shrugged. "Did the last hospital you work at not decorate?"

"No, they did, just not to the measures that you do here." I said.

"Hey." Bailey called out as she hurried towards us, her arms full of charts.

"Duh, duh, duh-duh," Callie smirked as she started to hum under her breath.

"Don't."Bailey warned her.

"Duh, duh, duh-duh. Duh, duh, duh-duh, duh," I joined in, smiling until Bailey rolled her eyes at us and turned, heading back the way she'd came.

"All right, all right. All right. We'll stop. We'll stop. Jeez." Callie assured her, stopping her humming instantly as I did the same. Bailey gave us each a small nod as she came back over to us.

"When you and Arizona get to the wedding tomorrow, don't sit down." Bailey told Callie.

"What do you mean, don't sit down? Callie asked as she went back to writing in someone's chart, not fully paying attention.

"Just find a place and stand there." Bailey told her before glancing at me. "You too Howards."

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"You want us to stand in the back?" Callie frowned. "Then we won't be able to hear anything."

"Stand in the damn front." Bailey rolled her eyes.

"And block everybody's view? I mean, if we're ..." Callie shook her head.

"I don't ... Just pick a spot." Bailey slammed her charts down on the counter. "You know, it's not complicated. Ugh! You know, people allow you to open them up with a knife. If they knew you couldn't follow a simple instruction, they would run like the wind from this place."

"Are you ... are you trying to say, "Would you do me the honor of being my bridesmaids?"" Callie's eyes widened at the idea.

"Does the whole thing have to be about you?" Bailey asked, not wanting to make a big deal over it. "Just put on a dress and don't sit down."

"Aww. We're bridesmaids." Callie grinned widely.

"Oh, don't even ... Ju ... ju ... see? Ugh. This is what I was trying to avoid." Bailey muttered as Callie pulled her into a tight hug.

"Wait, I understand Callie and Arizona, but why do you want me to be a bridesmaid? I've only known you for seven months." I spoke up, causing both women to look at me.

"Because, unlike most people in this hospital, you're not a complete fool." Bailey said as Callie released her from her hug.

"Thank you?" It came out like a question as she gathered her charts back up and headed back down the hall, off to do work. As she turned the corner I looked back at Callie. "Did that really just happen?"

"Why are you acting so surprised?" She questioned me.

"Bailey just asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding when we haven't even known each other for a year. Isn't this something you ask your best friends to do?" I shook my head.

"Hence why she asked you." She nodded.

"Wait, Bailey considers me a friend?" I couldn't help but be surprised by this.