Chapter 31 - One Question

I'm a very bad bad person...I've been thinking of killing off a character in this story... *goes hiding before being found by readers armed with pitches and forks*

CHAPTER 31 - ONE QUESTION

Emily gulped, nervous. She couldn't take her eyes off him, not believing he was actually there, but wondering how mad he was right now. She could see it from his clenched jaw that he was mad, and he had every reason, hadn't he? But she also had every reason to move on as well. After all, he had.

Riley stood there, eyes fixed on her, not to make her anxious, but to remind her who was the one for her. On the other hand, he was wondering whether punching someone in a school class could be considered an aggravating factor.

James stood there, still holding Emily in his arms, looking alternatively at her and at the guy at the door, wondering who was he and why did she seem so anxious about his presence. Even though, deep down, James did have an idea, he just hoped it wasn't who he thought. Not now that he'd been able to breach through Emily's walls and gain not just trust, but also that she let herself go to him.

Moments of tense silence followed, not a single sound could be heard, as if they were in a western movie and there was a duel pending. In the end, Riley inhaled harshly and, turning to the guy that was holding his Honeybee even too closely, he spat: "Give us a moment, will you?"

James blinked his eyes, confused, not sure whether he should or not. As a teacher, he shouldn't leave his student with a guy he didn't even know, the man could have bad intentions.

As someone whose heart trembled with feelings for the teen, James didn't have the slightest intention of leaving them alone, afraid she could slip away like nothing. 

But, it was evident that they needed to clear the air between them, therefore, even if reluctantly, he pulled back from Emily.

"I'll be right outside, okay?" He informed her, caressing her cheek. She nodded lightly, and he leaned in to place a small tender kiss on her forehead. He knew it would enrage the other guy, but he couldn't help making a statement. Something like, 'see, she's moved on with me'. Untrue, but it would hopefully become real soon enough. All is fair in war and love after all, right?

Once the intruder was gone, Riley focused back on his Honeybee. The lovesick part of him made him notice how more gorgeous she'd become in only three months, how her body seemed to have become more womanly in such a small arc of time, with those accentuated curves that made her figure so sinuous, she looked older than she was, much more tempting, and maybe that was why the guy had dared lay his filthy hands on her.

Then again, she didn't seem to mind his kisses, actually, she was fully responding, as much as, Riley's weak heart had to grudgingly admit, she never had with him.

It was hard not to doubt, especially when the evidence was all against him, starting from the very simple fact that the girl had fled from him but seemed to enjoy the other guy's attentions. Maybe it wasn't a matter of age, maybe, quite simply, it was him himself. But she couldn't be blind. What they had, it was unique.

If there was one girl that could give him real happiness, if there was one girl that he was destined to love and cherish and protect for the rest of his life, that was his Honeybee. It'd once felt absurd and wrong, but now it was only right. And if even Jason had come to terms with it, why couldn't she?

Riley took a few steps towards Emily, who remained there, staring at him, her heart thumping wildly in her chest, unable to think at all. She knew she had a right to move on if he had, but she hated seeing such disappointed, hurt, not to mention angry look in his eyes.