Here Without You

Here Without You

 Sonee had stopped banging on the door at some point, Shadow noticed.

And when he finally exited the room where he left Drake in an unconscious heap on the floor, that she was not near the door at all, but across the hall leaning against a door looking as white as a sheet.

He grabbed her arm and noticed it was coated in a fine layer of sweat, but she quickly yanked it back.

"We need to go." Shadow hissed, grabbing her arm again, this time without restraint.

"I can't." She whispered as he started dragging them down the hallway.

He stopped abruptly and turned to her "Have you forgotten why we did this? Who we did this for?" He motioned towards her rounded stomach.

"I didn't agree to this! To harm or to kill innocent people." Sonee started to back away from him until her back was against the wall.

"Details," Shadow scoffed and rolled his eyes but he noticed the way Sonee's stature changed from panicked to defensive.

He reached towards her and she pushed him, hard.

"Don't touch me." She hissed at him, and he was left slightly stunned but he quickly gained his composure.

"Don't make me regret this." He crowded her against the wall, his hands on either side of her head, her eyes avoiding his at all costs.

"I'll scream" She whispered, and he snorted.

"No one will hear you" He mocked her, and she finally met his eyes with a burning red hate in her eyes.

"Listen to me very closely," He brushed a stray piece of hair behind her ear, "We are going to go get Christopher, then we are going to leave this place all behind, no one will remember we were ever here." He explained kindly, but she saw the malice in his eyes, in his soul.

"I'll remember, and so will Christopher" Sonee spat bitterly at him with unshed tears in her eyes.

"I can easily fix that." He smirked but it quickly turned to a frown when suddenly Sonee was wincing and bending over slightly, her hand coming to his shoulder so she could have something to lean on, her breath heavy.

"You're in labor" He grunted as he helped her lean back against the wall.

When she looked up at Shadow her tears were falling hotly down her cheeks, unsure of what was going to happen to her or her baby.

She closed her eyes tightly, wishing this would go away.

"Shadow," She whispered trailing off, unsure of what to say, if she should say anything.

"Sonee." Shadow's voice was heavy and forced, he was wheezing.

Her eyes snapped open to see his face nearly expressionless and pale, and then her eyes flicked down to see him pressing his fingers down around a bloodied end of a knife poking out of his lower chest.

She screamed.

Shadow moved, almost falling to her side to lean against the wall, revealing a surprisingly short figure standing behind where he was standing.

The young man standing in front of her couldn't be older than eighteen, even with a mask covering his mouth and his nose she could tell you that much.

"You little fuck," Shadow panted, "They should've let me kill you with your parents."

The young man stayed silent but pulled down his mask revealing rosey lips and a lightly freckled nose. Sonee didn't recognize him but he did look familiar.