Trust Isn't The Only Issue (Chapter 3)

ARMONI POV:

We were all seated in a booth at Peter Piper Pizza talking and laughing while we waited on our food to arrive. It was a school night and it was close to closing time. Thankfully we were the only people in here. Giving our kids more freedom to run around and play and giving us the opportunity to let our guard down a little. Normally when we came to public and popular places like this; so many people would ask for autographs and pictures. Especially when Jerome was with us.

"What Noonie?" Jerome asked, noticing that I had been staring at him.

"Nothing, just trying to figure out what's wrong with you." I responded simply, shrugging my shoulders. "The medicine should've kicked in by now so I know your head isn't hurting, if it ever was." I added.

"Just got a lot on my mind Noonie." He sighed.

"Well why didn't you just say that to being with baby?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side. Wondering why he lied to me and just didn't say that in the first place.

"I didn't wanna worry you." He responded.

"I'm your wife Jerome. Whatever it is, we'll go through it together. That's what I'm here for." I reminded him as I gently caressed the back of his head. "But we can talk more when we get home." I told him.

"Maaaan, God was really looking out when he sent you to me." He smirked, making me roll my eyes playfully as I felt my face heat up due to the blush that was forming. "I love you girl." He mumbled before placing a soft kiss to my lips. Before I could go in for another kiss, our food was brought to us.

Several different pizzas along with wings were placed on the table in front of us. I got up from the table to round up the kids. I took them all to the bathroom to wash their hands before sending them to the table where Andrea had already made their plates and poured them a cup of juice. Team work.

"What kind of pizza you want, babe?" I asked Jerome as I attempted to make our plates.

"You." He mumbled lowly before sucking my earlobe into his mouth. I pulled away from him and turn around to look at him with a small smirk on my face.

"Behave and you'll get what you want when we get home." I told him before kissing his lips and pulling back to wink at him. After eating and allowing the kids to play a little longer, we finally left. After getting ice cream, we dropped Austin off at his house before heading home.

I looked in the back seat and noticed Aaliyah and the twins were sleeping but Jr was wide awake, rapping along to the song that was playing on the radio. He was probably still wired up from the game. "Call your NaeNae and Pawpaw so you can tell them about your game." I instructed Jr, passing him my phone that was already unlocked.

"Hey NaeNae." Jr spoke up excitedly, making me smile to myself. Although my parents were thousands of miles away, they still made a big effort to be active grandparents and I really appreciated it so much.

I reached for Jerome's hand and intertwined our fingers together. He briefly glanced at me before lifting both of our hands to his mouth and placing a delicate kiss on my knuckles. "Love you." He mumbled.

"I love you too." I responded. I rested my head against the window. My eyes were becoming heavy because I was sleepy. I was completely worn out from today and it was getting harder and harder for me to stay awake.