Chapter 5

Nicolas's POV

I miss him already. I was seated at the foot of the table next to the Alpha and his son waiting for dinner to arrive. Me the ruthless man is yearning for his touch again.

"Attention" the leader of this pack says and everyone falls silent. "I would like to thank our great Alpha King for joining us and we wish you luck on the search for your mate. I wanted to just say... we are a team and we respect the members like family and put our hopes in one another. I love leading you people because it makes me closer to my family which is all of you collectively. Anyway, eat all the food because you know the drill the Omegas get left overs" he cackles and sits down and rings a massive bell. He wants us to finish ALL the food so the Omegas get nothing at all. My Kit must be so skinny. The door behind me swings open and 2 males and Kit walks out with plates of food "Remember what happens if this is cooked wrong Mutt" I see Kit next to a older women place the plate down. Women first. Kit looks up from flinching "Yes Alpha, sorry again" he mumbles as he practically runs back to get another 3 plates placing one down in front of me, his Alpha and son. He carries on this 100 more times before placing Dandelions plate down. I stands to join the other 2 omegas but doesn't see her sly foot in the way causing him to yelp and land with a thud on the hard wood floor, everyone laughed hard with no help what so ever. Breath Nicolas, breath. My anger flowed through me "stupid mutt, guess its a beating for making a fool of my pack" I hear a quiet mumble which I heard.

I fly out of my seat with my wolfs golden eyes causing everyone to look at me in fear, I step out from the seat and walk the distance it takes and scoop my mate into my arms and walk over to my chair not before growling at Dandelion who is in shock mixed fear. I sit him in my lap firmly placing my face into his neck and absorbing the smell he radiates "are you okay?" I whisper and feel him nod "it happens a lot, it is entertainment" he whispers back and I tense but he places his arm on my shoulder and nuzzles into my neck "Alpha what ar-" I growl very loudly at him causing the room to vibrate "if you don't want to die then I suggest that you shut the fuck up" I snap "Nicolas, I need to prepare desert" my mate whispers "I need to get away from the stares" he nuzzles harder, I look up and sure enough all eyes are daggers at my little mate. I growl harshly at them and they look down continuing to eat "eat my food" I speak softly "no, its yours" he shyly replies "eat Kit" I command a little louder "I don't want to, Please" he whimpers "it's Noah's turn for food anyway" he whines "please, before I really snap, eat the fucking food" I growl in his ear and I smile in triumph when he sighs and turns picking up the fork and nibbling a potato. He forces me to take bites every now and again but I don't mind. I see him smirk suddenly as he places the fork down and picks up the sausage, he looks me dead in the eyes before licking the gravy off of one end to the other with that amazing tongue of his before taking the sausage into his mouth all the way before taking it out and placing in my gaped mouth. Oh please, I will take him in front of this pack I will make sure he can't walk. I chew on the sausage, "Nicolas I need to get the desert" he hops off my lap and I shuffle the seat under the table to hide my southern friend.

20 minutes later he steps out of the doors again shaking like a leaf and he closes his eyes sending a pack linked message that I can't hear. Kits eyes open again and his Alpha is trekking towards him, he grabs his collar and pushes him through the doors. 5 minutes of shouting and I am up on my feet at the crash followed by a "HOW DARE YOU ASK TO LEAVE THE PACK WITH THE ALPHA, HE IS JUST USING YOU MUTT" I am sick and tired of people abusing him, and he is leaving weather he likes it or not. I lose control. and all I can tell you is I am punching.