Chapter 18

Xaiver's p.o.v

Everyone stood there shocked. My mouth was open and I couldn't form words.

This girl never fails to surprise me.....

I thought. 

" Did you see that?"

Asked Max. I nodded my head closing my mouth.

" What the hell was that?"

Asked Stacy to her brother. He just shrugged. I shook my head.

Maybe that's how they escaped.....

I thought. My wolf was filled with pride though. He still loved his mate. He never cared that his mate was a cat. I don't care anymore either though I was stupid back then but I am still holding on to my promise...

I heard Maria yell then people started to partner up. I took this as my chance to ask to talk. She sat down on the lawn and watched everyone. Nina and Alexis partnered up and from the other side of the field I could see max staring at Nina.

" Um.... hey."

I said. Maria looked up and raised and eyebrow.

" Yes?"

She asked with no emotion in her voice. I cringed but I kind of guess she would either be like this or angry.

" Um I know you might not want to but can we talk?"

I asked. She looked at me and sighed.

" About what?"

She asked again. I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

" Us...."

I mumbled. She shook her head.

" There is nothing to talk about you rejected me and I got over it I moved on the only reason I am letting you stay here is because of that girl."

She stated. That hurt. 

" Maria please! I was a stupid teenage who thought about himself but when you left it changed all of us your brother couldn't do his beta job for two weeks! He was a emotional wreck he and your sister cried and slept in your room for a week straight and didn't talk to anyone! Now they don't even talk to me! I was heart broken when you left I know I can't take back all the things that were said but I promise I will try to make up for them please just talk to me don't shut me out!"

I begged. She looked torn. She rubbed the back of her neck and sighed. 

" Look I understand your sorry but in all honesty I need time to think about everything. All of you hurt us a lot and with this war and my pack I don't know what to do but I'll come to you when I feel ready but until then let's keep things on a business level...."

She said. I nodded my head and walked back to the other side of the field my wolf was crying and whining. I plopped myself on a chair and looked at my pack fighting. She might not want to talk to me now but I am still going to hold on to my promise...

Nina's p.o.v

After training ended we all walked back inside. I ran upstairs to my room. I grabbed a tank top and some short and jumped in the shower. I washed all the sweat and dirt off my self and put on the fresh clothes. When I walked out of the bathroom someone was on my bed. When I got a closer look I saw it was Max.

" What are you doing here?"

I asked. He looked up and his eyes darken. He held back his wolf though.

" We need to talk...."

He said. I shook my head. 

" There is nothing to talk about."

I said. He shook his head.

" There is a lot to talk about!"

He argued back. I rolled my eyes.

" I don't want to hear it Beta Woods."

I said mentally smirking knowing it hurt him that I called him by his rank. I saw him cringe but then he got up and walked over to me an did something shocking. He grabbed my head softly and smashed his lips on to mine. Fire works were everywhere. I started to kiss back but he pulled away. He then whispered in my ear.

" There's a lot to talk about but if you don't want to talk about it today that's fine but I will eventually talk to you."

He then walked out of the room.

" Damn mate bond...."

I muttered plopping down on the bed. 

Maria's p.o.v

I laid on my bed thinking about what he said. I knew he regretted rejecting me but can I really forgive him?

'Yes, yes you can! '

Sasha screamed.

Shut up and let me think! '

I said. She growled at me then disappeared. I want to forgive him but he has put me through a lot of pain....

I sighed and closed my eyes just wanting to forget all of this......

Picture is Xavier's wolf