Thirster 2467: 3.

Marilyn rolls around the teeth in her hands. She's in her room, sitting on the edge of her bed and staring down at the teeth.

She watched them, staring at the pearly white fangs that kill. She wonders how sharp they are, grabbing the end of one. She extends her thumb pressing the sharp part of the fang against her thin flesh. Eventually it breaks from a hard push, a pain running through her hand.

Marilyn grits her teeth, placing both teeth on her night stand and watching the blood run down her thumb. It's just so powerful what those teeth can do. If vampires didn't have fangs, it would be harder to hunt down their source and feed off of them. It would be like those vampire shows- they drink blood from cups.

They sure do here in Area 75 too because who would want their open veins near a vampire? No one. Accidents have happened in Area 75 where vampires would attack and bite scientists but it barely occurs. The system here is very strong and armed. They have improved over the years.

Suddenly the door bangs with a knock and Marilyn jolts out of her seat, grabbing the paper towel besides her and wrapping it around her thumb.

"Ugh- come in." She stutters out, staring at the door ahead. Lee walks in her room with a soft smile on her lips.

"Hey, Dr. Sammis told me that you were being disrespectful to him." She starts and Marilyn stares down at her feet. She was hoping Lee wouldn't find out but of course she does.

"It's not my fault they were hurting Thirster twenty-four sixty-seven."

"He's just a vampire, he deserves the pain."

"He did nothing wrong, Lee. And I was assigned to him, I can decide what punishment he should get." Lee rolls her eyes, leaving against the doorway.

"And what punishment would that be? Letting him free, giving him blood-"

"-who says I would do that!" Marilyn snaps, cutting off Lee.

"Because any punishment you think is still a bad punishment. There's no difference to any of them."

"Well do you think it's right for them to rip his own teeth out because he wasn't responding?"

"They are trying to get him to talk."

"AND RIPPING HIS TEETH OUT IS GOING TO WORK!" Marilyn screams because she has had enough. Lee stares at her stunned because she has never been yelled at from Marilyn. Marilyn realizes that screaming wasn't acceptable towards Lee. "It just needs time to open him up... so he has someone to trust."

Lee sighs and shakes her head. Marilyn looks at her, her lips pressing into a thin line.

"Marilyn just know that you are the youngest here in Area 75. No one is going to listen to you... at all." With that, Lee turns towards the door and makes her way out of the room.

Marilyn huffs out a sigh in fury, grabbing her jacket hanging on her closet doorknob. She slips it on and grabs her bag, placing the strap on her shoulder.

She needs a break from all of this and now was the best time. She leaves her bedroom and out of the little apartment her and Lee are living in Area 75. Marilyn goes down the hall to the closest exit where two guards are standing.

Marilyn shows her ID and they allow her out, a cold breeze brushing along her body. She walks out and makes her way down the dead street that's fenced in so no citizens of New York are allowed.

She leaves through the opening which opens by itself from scanning her ID card. After walking another long street she calls a taxi, making her way to the apple of New York City.