Thirster 2467: 18.

The human and vampire gaze towards the door in silence as a figure slowly walks in. Marilyn can't stop thinking of his lips on hers. She can't believe she kissed a vampire but it didn't feel sinful. She enjoyed it. 

The figure appears in the light and Lee comes across them through the window. Marilyn gets up from sitting on the ground and she can't help but smile in relief. 

"Lee you're okay." Marilyn starts when Lee presses on the speaker to hear her. 

"I was able to get out on time." She replies quietly but her voice is laced with sadness. "What you did was horrible. You killed so many." Her eyes slowly slide to Pierce who is still sitting on the ground. He is staring back at her without an expression on his face. 

"I'm sorry. I had to do it to save him." Marilyn frowns in sadness slowly understanding that releasing the vampires ended up with a killing spree. Although, if she didn't do it Pierce would have died and she would have painfully watch his flawless body burn to ash. It's not just his appearance that she desires for, it's his story. 

Pierce isn't just a killer, he has to survive in the darkness and kill the species that he once was. He has millions of stories and she only heard one. Marilyn can just sit in front of him for hours and hear his velvet thick accent and watch his lips move and tongue clicking the roof of his mouth. 

Her heart races when he gets close to her and she admires his fangs. That's the only way to get his pray by the neck and feed. To live another day in the shadows. To watch others live happily and grow old as he stays forever young. It's a curse and even though they act like deadly demons, deep down they feel pain. 

Even the way he is delicate around her and how he hasn't even killed her yet makes Marilyn curious about him. The kiss can be the answer for why he hasn't killed her but it doesn't close the case. 

"I brought you some food." Lee skips the exclaim Marilyn gave her on why she opened the door and goes through a bag she brought in the room with her. Marilyn's stomach growls eagerly for food because she hasn't eaten in a long time. Lee opens the slot where you can place things into the box and first drops a water bottle.

Marilyn snatches it, her throat growing parched as she opens the bottle and chugs it. She stops when her stomach grows full and sees that Lee placed an apple. After the apple she drops an sandwich that was packed neatly in a zip-lock bag. 

"Thank you Lee." Marilyn sighs, still glad that Lee is still on her side besides abandoning her. "What time is it?" She adds and Lee looks at her watch. 

"Noon." 

"Oh."

"I also brought this- for Pierce." She grabs a small bottle that was full of animal blood and places it in the slot. Pierce's nostrils flare and slowly stands. Marilyn bites into the sandwich hungrily and savors the taste. Pierce seems a bit alarmed while slowly walking to the slot. He stares at Lee through the window wondering if this is a trick and he's going to get attacked. 

 Marilyn turns to them and swallows the chomped up food in her mouth. She watches Pierce slowly inch closer and closer to the blood that's in the bottle waiting for him. 

"Pierce it's okay she's not going to hurt you." Marilyn notifies him and Pierce stops from walking. 

"I just thought bringing Marilyn food was unfair so I brought you something too." Lee exclaims and Pierce grabs the bottle and opens the cap. He brings it up to his nose and inhales the smell. Sudden he cringes when he realizes it's not pure blood from the veins and it's just animal blood that they had given him when he arrived in the Area.