Thirster 2467: 12.

Marilyn leaves the room Pierce is locked in and ignores the other disgusting comments she receives from the other vampires locked in. She eventually leaves the large room the vampires were in and goes out into the dim hallway.

She looks around to see if anyone was around her as she proceeds her way back to her room. When she was cutting to another hallway she bumps into someone, knocking a handful of files out of their hands. She takes a step back and realizes that it's just Lee.

"You scared me." Lee tries to softly say while clenching her chest. "What are you doing out this late?" Marilyn bends down, trying to avoid her eyes and piles up the files. Hopefully she doesn't mix anything but she didn't care at the moment to organize them.

"What are you doing?" Marilyn asks Lee, handing her the files. Lee takes them and holds them against her chest.

"Doing late night business." She pauses and looks around the dark empty hall. She grabs Marilyn's wrist and moves her aside quietly. "If anyone sees you, you'll be in big trouble than you already are." Marilyn pulls her arm away from Lee's grip and brings it behind her back. She doesn't want to get caught with the vampire bite.

"I was doing late night business too."

"Well I am glad you are but you aren't assigned late night business." She chuckles and Marilyn looks down at the files.

"What are those?" She points at them, feeling dumb for not scanning some papers to see what is written on them. Lee sighs and shows the files to Marilyn.

"We are going to sentence some vampires to death tomorrow." Marilyn furrows her eyebrows and leans up against the brick wall.

"What? Why?" She asks and Lee shrugs. "Agent Doloman wants to kill the ones who aren't progressing. Dr. Sammis agreed too... and so we have some room for new vampires." Marilyn shakes her head and grabs the files from her hands.

She scans through the names of vampires and her heart freezes when she sees the last one. It's a thin file, barely no information in it about the vampire.

Thirster 2467.

"No, no, no." She flips through the papers in Pierce's file and hands Lee the rest.

"You can't do this, not to him."

"Marilyn it's not my decision. Dr. Sammis chose him." Marilyn grows furious and bites the inside of her cheek. Oh how much she hates that man.

"He's doing it because he doesn't like me. Lee please let me hold his file or something so they don't take him." She pauses and it clicks in her head. "Don't do this to Pierce." Lee brings her eyes up to Marilyn and furrows her eyebrows.

"Who's Pierce?"

"Thirster 2467!" Marilyn exclaims, shaking his file in front of Lee's face. "Dammit! That's where I have been going. I've been going to him. He's talking to me and feeling comfortable to tell me information about his life." Lee's eyes widen in shock and the corner of her lips raise into a smile.

"Honey that's amazing!" She takes out a little note pad from the pocket in her jeans and grabs the pencil that was tucked behind the helix of her ear. She starts to write things down about the bloodsucker and Marilyn shakes her head with anger.

"No, stop!" She shouts, grabbing the notepad and slamming it to the ground. Lee looks up at her in shock and Marilyn flares her nostrils. "You can't tell anyone, you need to promise."

"But Marilyn this is progress from a vampire."

"And if everyone gets in his face he won't say a word or worst... he'll kill them." Marilyn starts to plead. "Promise you won't tell anyone." Lee sighs and looks down at the file Marilyn was holding.

"Okay I won't say anything." Marilyn sighs and tries to calm herself down.

"Thank you, thank you."

"But I can't do anything about this." She points at his file. "What's said and done is done. I'm not going to get involved. You go and figure this out yourself."

"Maybe they won't know if his file isn't in the pile."

"Dr. Sammis will know. He's a man that never forgets."

"Fine, I'll figure something out." Marilyn pauses and runs her other hand over her wrist that has the bite. "I'll take care of it myself." She turns her heel to go back to her room but Lee stops her.

"Don't do anything stupid Marilyn. You aren't a child."

"I probably will because I don't have any support from anyone."

"I'm trying not to get myself in trouble."

"But as the woman who raised me since the death of my own family, I thought I'd have some assist from you." Lee sighs and bites her bottom lip not knowing what to say.

"Marilyn." Lee tires to stop her again but she keeps on walking.

"Save it." Marilyn barks back before vanishing down the hall.

Marilyn can't believe this is happening. She felt this warm fuzz in her heart seeing Pierce tonight but all of that got ruined when she found out that he's going to die tomorrow. But it won't happen. She feels pity for the other vampires dying but most important is saving Pierce.

She wants to run back to his box and tell him but Lee is out there and she already knows too much. Marilyn curses in her head, trying to think of ways to help. Her palms start to sweat from holding his file in her hands. She also is angry about Dr. Sammis. She never really had a problem with him all these years but the tables have turned.

There's something about him, something he isn't sharing. Marilyn feels an odd vibe radiating off of him like he's hiding something. Just because Marilyn is the youngest and she can't call orders to others, they treat her like a baby.

Eventually Marilyn arrives into her room and she shuts the door. She flicks the light on and everything is placed the same since she left. Maybe Lee never knew she was missing because she didn't go in her room to check on her. She places the file besides Pierce's fangs and drags herself to the bathroom.

She slowly takes off the cloth that's wrapped around her wound. She grits her teeth from the stinging pain after applying peroxide on the two deeply torn holes. It sizzles for a bit, blood seeping down her arm and dripping into the sink.

After cleaning it so it doesn't get infected she tightens it up with band aids. It's crazy how delicate and soft he bit into her so he doesn't hurt her yet it'll still give her two small scars. At first she thought she made the wrong decision of letting him bite her but the way his dark beautiful eyes lured her into a state of feeling calm was amazing.

It made her trust him.

Marilyn changed into her pajamas and slides under her covers, trying to ignore her thoughts. She needed rest and to be smart for the next morning decisions of getting Pierce out of his own death.

~~~~~

Hello!

If you guys haven't read my message on my profile, I'll write it here. Two weeks ago I had a volleyball game and after spiking my knee popped. I went to the ER and after getting an MRI and all... I tore my ACL and sprained my MCL. I've been on crutches and from jumping to doctors and PT and school... I'm tired. So sorry for not updating. I'm getting surgery on Friday so that piles up to my shitty life. Oh and I can't play sports for six months because of this damn recovery. *cries in corner*

I'll be back soon... I promise.

vote

comment

follow me :)