Chapter 7

DST1: ch7

After the encounter with Mason, and he just left I walked back to class shaken up. All I can think about is what happened, and how will we get our history project done together. I groan sitting down at the lunch table. Kailey knew enough to not say anything, but the others don't care. Taylor narrows her eyes at me, and I just feel week and vulnerable under her gaze.

    "What the hell happened to you?" Taylor asks, but you can tell by her voice she doesn't care. "Aw did your boy toy find someone better?" She asks. I glare up at her before standing up and walking away. I hear my name being called, and look to see Kailey following me. I smile knowing I won't be alone, but she stops her eyes widening at something behind me. I turn around to see Ryan standing there looking down at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks sounding a bit concerned. I feel Kailey stand next to me, and Ryan's eyes drift to her before going back to me.

"Nothing." I get out before hurrying to the dark hallway. I lean against the wall and slide down to the ground. I hold my knees to my chest resting my head on my knees. Tears freely leave my eyes. I hear someone enter the hall, but I don't care. I feel someone sit down next to me and they wrap their arm around me. I look to see its Mikey, and I lean into him trying to make the tears stop. I wipe my tears as he just holds me letting me cry. I like having him here to hold me and not feeling alone, but a part of me wishes it was someone else. I wipe my tears looking up to that glowing exit sign at the end of the hall. Silently hoping one person would walk through the door.

"Are you okay now?" A voice asks bringing me out of my thoughts. I sniffle wiping my cheeks again as I look up to Mikey. I nod my head slightly and he smiles kissing my forehead. "Do you want to go back now?" He asks.

"I have to, I can't skip. I have a meet today." I say quietly. Today is the away meet against my old team. With that already running on my mind I was nervous. Mason just added to my nerves and thoughts from what he said, and I didn't need that. Not now, not today of all days. I'm already afraid of seeing him at my old school. My stomach churns at the thought. I stand up, which Mikey copies, and start to walk to the cafe again.

"It will be okay. Just think happy thoughts, and you will do great in the meet." Mikey says hugging me right before the doors. I hug him back nodding my head.

"Are you coming to the meet?" I ask a little hopeful.

"I'm sorry babe, but I have practice." He says stepping back. "I'll try though. Oh, I have a game Friday. You're coming right?" He asks his eyes bright with excitement.

"If you come to my meet." I smile before walking through the doors and finding Kailey. She is talking with my brother and cousin at a table where it is just the three of them. I take a chance and sit down with them. I give everyone a smile, and Kailey just wraps me in a comforting hug.

"How are you?" She asks. I smile hugging her back, awkwardly from her giving me a side hug.

"I'm okay now." I say as she pulls back. I smile reassuringly at her and she returns it. I look to Seth and Zac, who are watching me cautiously taking in my every movement.

"Are you sure?" Seth asks. I nod my head smiling.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Good. Oh and we will be at your meet. In case he is there." Zac says his eyes darkening as he spits out the word he. I nod my head smiling again at them.

"Thank you." I can feel Kailey growing confused by who Zac means, but she doesn't push it. I look to her and smile. "I'll tell you about it later, I promise." She nods her head understanding, which I'm thankful for.