Chapter 20

DST 1: ch 20

Mason's point of view:

    I bounce on up and down slightly getting hyped. I wait in the ring watching my opponent get into the ring. He has a tattoo of a dragon going all over his stomach and chest. His brown eyes are angry and dead inside, which means he has nothing to lose. I watch as he studies me trying to figure me out to take me down. I smirk at him as I roll my shoulders back. Anger courses through my veins from the way she looked the other night. I want her to be mine, but from the other fuckers in her past she is afraid. The bell sounds, and I stalk forward towards dragon guy.

He takes a swing at me, but I dodge it easily sending a blow to his stomach. The air leaves his lunges, and I see red letting myself go. I can feel myself mauling the guy, but nothing stops me. The anger pushes me to do more damage. I only stop hearing the bell, and being ripped off of him. I stand shaking my head and blinking. I see everything clearly making me push the twins off of me. I look out into the cheering crowd to see Tyler and Lucy watching me. I hurry out of the ring and make my way to them, the twins follow only after they collect my win.

"How was she?" I ask Lucy. Lucy was with her all day, and I just need to know. She lets out a long breath looking me right in the eyes.

"Can we talk somewhere more private?" She asks glancing around the place.

"Yeah, come with me." I say. I lead the way to the back room in here where I get ready. I grab a towel I left in here and wipe my face with it. I look down to see my body all coated in sweat, and some blood. I turn around to see they all came, and lock the door behind them. "So?"

"She is afraid. She doesn't want Luke to get to her, and her father to get him. She doesn't know what he will do to her when he finds out what she did." Lucy sighs. I stare blankly at Lucy, her words trying to sink into my brain.

    "Why can't she just be happy?" Ryan asks leaning against the wall.

    "Last time she was truly happy he fucked it up. He raped her for crying out loud." My whole body goes ridged as anger starts to course through me again. Her words hit me hard because the first time I ever met my angel I saved her from being raped. But she has been through much worse. The guys all seem taken back from what Lucy said, but Tyson already told me this before.

    "She is scared to be hurt again." I say. Lucy nods her head. "That's why she broke down." I whisper to myself.

    "What do you mean?" Kyle asks. I look to him taking in a deep breath before letting it out.

    "Mason, what did you do?" Tyler asks.

    "I just asked her to me my girl. That's it." I say looking to the ground.

    "Mason."

    "Fine, I saw her break down, and couldn't take it. Anger ran through me, so I left needing to punch something." I say.

    "That was stupid." Lucy says, stress clear in her voice.

    "I saw it all in her eyes. She doesn't want me to hurt her. She thinks I'm going to leave her." I say. You can hear the hurt clear in my voice, and I hate that.

    "Well, you did walk away." Ryan says.

    "Not helping." I groan.

    "You just have to prove it to her." Kyle states. I look to him raising an eyebrow.

    "How?"

    "Talk from the heart." I roll my eyes shooting a glare at Tyler. "Hey, I know from experience." He holds his hands up in mock surrender. Lucy laughs nodding her head.