1.1 (part 2)

(A/N) sorry about splitting it but it was too long and I personally hate when chapters are super long lol

Tyler looks over at me and waves me over, I turn to Ava and smile.

"I'll see you around, it was great to meet you." I say and Ava leans in for a hug.

"Yes, it was so nice to meet you and Sophia as well, she's such a beautiful girl."

"Thank you, don't let Ty hear you say that because it'll go to his head because she looks so much like him."

"True." Ava giggles and I grin at her before walking away with a wave.

Tyler smiles at me as I walk over and he stands from his position in front of Sophia and opens his arms for a hug. I smile back as I wrap my arms around his torso, he squeezes me tightly and I feel him kiss the top of my head.

"You played great tonight Ty. I'm so proud of you." I pull away and look into his eye, they're shining as his smile grows wider.

"Thanks H, had to play good for my to favourite girls."

"I'm your number one favourite though, right?" I tease and Sophia tugs on my hand from her position below us.

"Mommy, stop hogging Tyler's hugs."

"Oh, I'm sorry are those only for you?" I ask with a laugh and step back from Tyler a little.

"Uh, yeah." Sophia says as she squeezes in between me and Ty and wraps her arms around his legs. Tyler reaches down and picks her up, he holds her close as he grins at me.

"Okay Soph, now you're gonna hog Tyler aren't you?" Sophia nods before leaning her head onto Tyler's shoulder.

"So did you guys wanna do something? Or did you wanna get her back to get some sleep?" Tyler asks me and I shake my head.

"I don't care either way she'll go to sleep soon enough even if you come and hang out in our room."

"Yeah, are you close by here?"

"Yep, we just walked over. It was only a couple blocks."

"So we can go grab something to eat or something?" Tyler asks with a smile and I see Sophia nod in agreement with him.

"Uh, yeah. That won't be a problem with the whole..." I trail off and gesture to Sophia.

"No, no I don't think so H. It'll be fine and if it's not then we just go back to the hotel. It's not that big of a deal."

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure. You know it's your career on the line here Ty. I don't want to be the one to tear everything you've built down in one evening."

"I think we already did that." Now he gestures to Sophia and laughs a little.

"So funny." I'm sarcastic in my reply and Tyler laughs a little harder.

"Come on H, it was just a joke. You know I would never want to change what happened back then. I would only change what happened after, everyone knows that."

"Let's not do this now." I tilt my head back to gesture to the varying members of his team and their families and he nods.

"Let's go eat. Ready Soph?"

"Yeah! I want chicken nuggets!" Sophia exclaims and Tyler laughs.

"Okay, but you have to walk like a big girl." Ty puts her down on the ground and she automatically latches back on to his hand. They start to walk away, I follow closely behind my mind wandering.

I hate when Tyler brings up what should've happened in the past and he knows it. But sometimes I can't help but think he is right. I could've moved to Boston with him and finished all my schooling online, even gotten a job eventually when Sophia was old enough for a daycare. It would've been nice to live in a nice house instead of that crappy apartment we used to live in, or with my parents like we are now.

Tyler has always been there for us, I feel like it would've been nicer to physically have him there for us too. Every time I see him I can't help but to get some of those old feelings back, the ones that lead to Sophia being born in the first place. Even back then, though neither of us fully admitted it, we did really love each other. I know he still does somewhere in his heart feel the same, he does voice it quite often. The only thing that's holding us back from anything is me.

My need to protect Tyler from the harsh public eye is a hell of a lot of a stronger feeling than my love for him. Sometimes I wish it wasn't and I could get over the fear of everyone knowing and everything possibly being messed up. But right now it's just not a possibility for us to be together. There's too many obstacles in the way for us to be together.