1.2

It's been three years since Sophia and I have seen Tyler. It's been such a whril wind of things taking place in my life that there's no time at all to even attempt to meet up. No matter how much we try.

The last time we saw each other was that night in Boston. We ended up at a Mcdonald's until midnight, Sophia finally whining enough that she was tired. Tyler stayed at the hotel with us all night. Sophia falling asleep on the walk back as Tyler carried her, she stayed asleep when we got back to the hotel and Ty tucked her into bed. We sat up and talked almost all night, finally deciding to go to sleep as we saw the sun peeking through the curtains. He had kissed me goodnight, postponing our sleeping for at least another half an hour.

Sophia had woken us up a few hours later, claiming she was hungry and wanted breakfast. Tyler ordered us room service as I took a shower, Sophia watching cartoons snuggled up in bed and eating her breakfast. Tyler snuck away from her long enough to step in the shower with me. He looked so different from the last time we had been like this with each other almost six years ago. And I had told him so, making him laugh quietly and mumble a "so do you" in my ear.

It seems like Tyler and I still had bad luck after all those years, because that day as one thing lead to another, we ended up in the same position we had before Sophia. And the results were the same, except this time Tyler had no idea. Before I could even tell him, I had lost the baby and I was devestated. I couldn't risk seeing him and feeling everything I felt when I found out. I couldn't risk him hurting either.

So I just made excuses not to see him.

And then I got the job oppurtunity of a life time. After I had graduated school I was working as an assistant to the head trainer for the Toronto Marlies and I would sometimes be asked to help with the Maple Leafs as well. I guess there had been some talk about me and my work around the AHL and NHL through the Toronto teams, and a few days before Sophia's seventh birthday I
got a call.

The Dallas Stars were looking for a new head trainer and I had been highly recommended.

Two weeks after Sophia turned seven, we moved our whole life to Dallas, Texas. It was stressful and a lot to take in, especially for Sophia.

Now after a year of being in Dallas, Sophia has settled in and made some good friends. She still asks me every so often about Tyler, but for the most part she's engrossed in the Dallas guys. She's made Jamie Benn her new best friend, he doesn't mind at all I'm sure, they just hang out together while I'm busy at the rink. He comes over sometimes too just to help me out while I make dinner and even if some of the team come over for an extra session.

It's been a great help and the guys all love Sophia, she loves them all too. We really like it here in Dallas too, so I'm hoping it continues to go this well for the next few years.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Soph!" I call up to her from the bottom of the stairs, she comes to the top and waits for me to continue, "We have to go to the rink soon, can you get dressed? Jamie is coming to pick us up in a little bit."

"Fine, but I'm wearing Tyler's stuff." She runs off to her room and I sigh. She still refuses to wear any form of Dallas merchandise, even after the guys gave her a signed jersey for Christmas. She still lives in her Boston stuff that Tyler gave her, even though it's all getting a little small now.

Sophia comes down five minutes later in black leggings and her Seguin jersey, I laugh and shake my head at her.

"Girl, what am I gonna do with you."

"Send me to live with Ty." She says with a straight face and I laugh some more.

"You wish, you little butt." I hear the front door open and Jamie walks in.

"Hey Soph!" Sophia runs over and gets a big hug from him, "All ready to go?" He asks me and
I nod before picking up my bag. We head out the door and Jamie pulls me aside.

"What's up Benn?"

"Soph, go get in the car please. I just have to have a talk with your mom quickly." Sophia runs off and opens the back door of Jamie's car and climbs in.

"Harley, there's trade rumours going around."

"About?"

"Seguin."

"He's not coming here, he can't."

"I'm not sure, but it's going around. I just wanted you to know in case it happened so it didn't just surprise you."

"Jesus, I hope this doesn't happen. It might be good for him, with all the trouble he's been in for the past few years. But honestly I don't want him here. I took this job to distance me and Sophia from him, it was getting too much for me."

"With everything he's been doing lately I don't know if we'll take him honestly. But we might, no matter the bad publicity he's still got a lot of skill, skill that we need right now."

"I know Jamie, I just don't want it to be true."

"It'll be okay Harley, we'll figure it all out."

The rest of the day goes by in a blur and I don't even realize I've finished for the day until Jamie walks into my office at almost eight at night. Sophia is right on his heels, holding onto a hotdog and a bottle of pop.

"Hey, are you ready?"

"Huh, oh yeah. I haven't even really paid attention at all today."

"That distracted, eh?"

"Yeah, I can't stop thinking about it."

"About what mommy?"

"Oh nothing baby, just adult stuff going on with me and Jamie."

"Ugh, fine don't tell me then. Jamie, can I have the keys I'm gonna wait in the car." Jamie hands her his keys and Sophia leaves and I can hear her playing with the keys as she walks down the hallway.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just thinking what if it's true, what if he actually gets traded here."

"You'll be fine Harley. Everything will work out exactly how it's supposed to."