2.7

"So Sophia gets tutored every Tuesday and Thursday after school until 4:30. And then she comes home for dinner and after dinner has to finish up any homework she didn't finish at school before bed. But if the homework isn't due the next day then she doesn't have to finish it but should at least do a little bit." I say to Brit, Sophia's new babysitter, "And then she can have a small snack and watch an hour or so if TV or one movie before her shower and then bed at 9. I'll write this all down so don't worry if you forget it for now."

"I've got it written down, don't worry Harley."

"Perfect. Oh and if there's a game on she can only watch it after homework and everything but she knows she can only watch until 9."

"Alright, got it. Anything else?"

"No I don't think so. If I think of anything else I'll write it down and leave it on the kitchen counter, but thank you so much for doing this."

"Oh no, it's no problem!"

"So you're okay to start tomorrow then?"

"Yes that's fine. I'll pick her up after her tutoring?"

"Yeah, she should be in the library, so just park right near that entrance and I'll tell her what your car looks like. And we've all met already so she'll be fine to go with you."

"Okay awesome." Brit gives me a smile as we stand up from the kitchen table and I walk her to the front door.

"Seriously thank you so much for starting short notice, it's really going to help us out."

"Oh no, it's no problem I know how hard it is to be a single mom and work so much. I grew up in a house like that and my mom was amazing and I think me and my siblings turned out pretty good."

"That's amazing, I'll glad we'll have that in common." I laugh lightly as I open the door for Brit and she walks out and stops on the porch.

"Alright, well I'll see you tomorrow when you get home then." She smiles and I wave as she walks down the driveway to her car.

"See ya!" I close the door as she waves from the drivers seat of her car.

"Mom?"

"Yeah babes?" I turn to see Sophia standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Does me getting a babysitter mean I can't go to the rink as much?"

"Just for right now honey. I know you want to see the guys and be there always but we'll just have you coming around on weekends."

"Is it because of yesterday?"

"Well yes and no. Tyler and I had a very long talk about what happened and how I need to fix some things that happen around here. And we came to the conclusion that maybe a babysitter and your tutoring is the first step we'll take right now."

"Okay."

"Okay, are you hungry?"

"A little bit."

"Wanna go get ice cream?"

"Only if we can bring Tyler."

"Here, call him and ask." I pull my phone out of my back pocket and Sophia runs over to grab it before she walks into the kitchen with it pressed against her ear.

Tyler and I talked about the fact that Sophia tells people he is her father after the meeting yesterday. I broke down and cried to him, telling him basically everything and how I've been feeling about hiding it from her for so long. And now with him being so close and Sophia starting to look more and more like him, people are noticing more and I know I need to tell her. She's old enough now and Tyler and I are on good terms and possibly getting together soon that I think she should know. Tyler's always thought that so he has no problem with telling her, he's just always waiting on me to figure it out in my own mind.

"Tyler said he'll pick us up in 10 minutes!" Sophia comes back to where I'm standing and I smile as she hands me my phone.

"Okay honey, go grab a sweater because it's kinda chilly out tonight and grab me my purse off my bed please."

"Okay mommy!" She runs off and back up the stairs to do what I asked as I pull up my text conversation with Tyler and send him a message.

*Ty, I think I'm going to tell her tonight*

*If that's what you want then you can do that H, but you only have your own feelings to consider really. I think she'll be just fine knowing for sure*

*That doesn't make me any less nervous*

*You'll be fine. I'm leaving now btw*

*see you soon*

I'm nervous to tell her but honestly if she's already been telling people Tyler is her dad, then I probably have nothing to worry about.

(A/N)

Hi!!! Sorry this one is short but I just wanted to get a new part out before I upload a big one for the next one!!!

Only a few chapters left and I'm sad but thank you so much for reading guys!!

Comment who your fave hockey player is, mine is 100% William Nylander I'm in love lol

Thanks again for reading, see ya in the next chapter!!