2.8

Tyler's POV

The whole way to pick up Harley and Sophia my heart is racing and I feel like I have the biggest lump in my throat that I just can't swallow. I know that everything will be okay and Sophia will more than likely be excited and happy about it, but I still can't stop being nervous about it.
As I pull into the driveway, Sophia comes running out of the house and towards my car. I laugh as she runs right up to my door and taps on the window quickly, I roll it down to talk to her as she smiles at me.
"Hi Ty!"
"Hi Soph!"
"Mom is coming in a second she said."
"Alright, get in then." Sophia goes and opens the door and climbs into the backseat. I watch the door and wait for Harley to come out, she makes her way to the car with a nervous look on her face and one of her nails in her mouth. I can tell how scared she is about this, it's a lot for her to decide to do after everything she's been through alone with Sophia.
"Hi Ty."
"Hi H." I reach over and take her hand away from her face and squeeze it before I back out of the driveway. Harley is sitting with her back against the door and is watching me drive, I give her a smile hoping to reassure her and she just shrugs it off.
"You don't have to do this H." I whisper and she shakes her head at me before sighing.
"No I really do."
We pull up to the ice cream shop and it's surprisingly dead, Sophia gets out and runs up to the door before Harley or I can even get out of the car. I walk to Harley's side of the car and pull her into a hug, she holds on tightly before letting go and putting her arm around my waist.
"Let's go, we got this." She nods and starts to walk towards the door.
"Mommy! Come look at all the kinds they have!" Sophia calls over as soon as she sees us walk in and I lead Harley over to the counter. Sophia takes her time on picking her flavour and I can feel Harley starting to relax more and more as Sophia jokes around. We find a table off in the corner and sit down to eat.
After a few minutes Harley puts down her spoon and takes a few deep breaths.
"Sophia, I have something I want to tell you. Can you look at me for a minute?"

Harley's POV

"Whats up mommy?" Sophia looks at me and suddenly gets a little serious, I assume that I look very serious so she thinks she's gonna get in trouble.
"Okay, uhm remember how I would say that you can know who your daddy is when you're old enough?"
"Yeah?"
"Well I think you're old enough now baby, and your daddy lives here and you know him very well. So do you wanna guess or just know who he is?"
"Tell me!" Sophia's face is lighting up and I can feel myself start to get a little emotional and I look over at Tyler who already has tears on his eyes. I reach over and grab Tyler's hand and then back to Sophia, her eyes light up as soon as I turn to her.
"It's Tyler, Ty is your dad Sophia." She just stares at me for a couple seconds before she jumps out of her seat and throws herself into Tyler.
"I knew it, I knew it!" By now Tyler is full on crying and I feel a few tears fall down my face as well. Sophia just holds onto Tyler for dear life and I can tell she's crying a little bit too.
"Soph?" I put my hand on her back to get her to look at me and she turns with a huge smile on her face, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, it wasn't nice or fair to you to keep a secret. But I hope you understand that because of Tyler's job I wanted everyone to be okay and safe first."
"It's okay mom, I know now and that's all okay. You're a good mommy, the best mommy ever." She puts her arm out to hug me and pulls me close to her and Tyler.
"Are you happy Soph?" Tyler asks and she nods quickly.
"The happiest."
And as soon as she says that I know we're all going to be okay.

A/N

Sorry I'm such a flop and never update but I hope y'all enjoy this regardless! I'll be uploading the last couple chapters and probably and epilogue type thing, probably 3 or 4 more updates tops.

Thank you for reading and hopefully I'll have the next ones out quicker than I had this one!

Also sorry this is so short but I just wanted to get this part out and give y'all the update you needed!

-Maddie