Chapter 7

Mari's POV

"Get your shotgun self over here!!"I growled,wielding another mallet.Yusuke laughed and jumped over a couple tree branches,and us,not being able to stop in time,tripped and landed on the ground next to each other,hissing in pain."I-I blame you."Hiei said sitting up and wiping the dust off of his shirt."Me?!How?!"I asked sitting up."Well if it wasn't for your ignorance--"Hiei snapped,but quickly closed his mouth."W-What..."My eyes welled up with tears as I looked at him."M-Mari?"Hiei reached out to me,but I already teleported to my room,burying myself in the covers and crying.

Hiei's POV

I had been knocked down by Mari when she left,lying on my back."I really messed up..."I sighed,spreading out my arms.Then I sat up and untied the cloth around my forehead,and connected to Mari telepathically.'Mari?I'm sorry..'I thought,then being faced by her crying.'G-Get out of my head!!I hate you!!'Mari's crying voice came into my mind,but muffled.I sighed and disconnected, tying the cloth back around my forehead."Jeez...I didn't know you liked Mari."A voice said behind me.I whipped my head around and saw Yusuke with sadness in his eyes.I frowned and got up,wanting to find Kurama."I could help...With fixing your relationship..."Yusuke said trailing behind me."Fine.But don't screw it up detective."I growled,then bolted into the hotel room,finding Kurama reading,Kuwabara sleeping on the opposite couch."You want to fix your relationship correct?"Kurama asked closing his book."Curse your sensitive hearing,but yes."I said pressing my index fingers together."As you wish...Mari?How long are you going to be in there?"Kurama said knocking on the door."F-Forever..."Mari replied,throwing stuff at the door."I can smell you Hiei...Go away!!"She said,then launched a knife through the door,it barely poking my forehead.

"Holy--"I stumbled back,and held a hand over my forehead."Why does she have a knife?!"Yusuke asked backing up."Um perhaps we shouldn't worry about Mari right now..."Kurama laughed nervously."I-I agree...Women are scary..."I said going back into the living room."Yes...Yusuke,have you learned to channel your spirit energy yet?"Kurama asked,taking his hand out of his pocket."Uh I can make fireworks out of it.If that helps."Yusuke said holding his index finger out,it immediately having a blue glow."Excellent...And since Mari likes roses the colour of her eyes,we'll do that."Kurama said pulling multiple roses from his hair,then disappeared outside for more.

Keisha's POV

"OOH!!GUMMIES!!"I grabbed as much as I could carry from the snack cart and looked at Callie,who was looking at me weirdly."You really love gummies that much?"She asked raising an eyebrow."Yes.Their chewy and sweet just like sugar mixed with....Sticky stuff I dunno."I shrugged,a couple bags falling."Hm..We should get home."Callie said holding open a bag.I dumped the gummies in the bag,then tossing in a couple chocolates."Really?"Callie looked at me raising an eyebrow."It feels appropriate.Chocolates goes with gummies."I said laughing,then took the bag,and started walking home.

"I agree."Callie eventually said smiling."Good."I said,then took off running through the forest."Hey!Get back here!!"Callie chased me until she practically tackled me."And now I'm barefoot..."I sighed to myself,apon seeing Suichi and the guys outside."What's going on?"I asked raising an eyebrow.Suichi and Yusuke looked down at Hiei,who was holding so many roses that they scratched his cheeks."Why does it concern you?"He asked,muffled by the red flowers."Um...Perhaps It'd be a good idea to only tell Keisha.Callie would probably tear Hiei apart if she found out."Suichi said as he smiled weakly."Yeah...Anyway,what's going on?"I asked looking around,not seeing Callie anywhere."I might've...Accidentally snapped at Mari...And called her ignorant..."Hiei said burying his face into the roses more."So that is the summary for this?"I asked gesturing towards the giant collection of roses."Correct.....What color is your spirit energy?"Suichi asked grabbing my wrist.I formed an orb of my spirit energy,which changed from whitish-blue,to pitch black."Hiei?"Suichi looked down at Three Eyes,who had dropped the roses into the bigger pile and started turning them teal with his spirit energy.

"What?"Hiei asked glaring up at Kurama."Would you mind working with Keisha to complete your task quicker?"He asked smiling back at me."If it gets the task done."Hiei growled.  He's still the same,even when he's trying to cheer Mari up."Well what am I going to do with all of this?"I asked shaking the bag.Kurama let go of my wrist and took the bag from me,swinging it over his shoulder and sticking his other hand in his pocket,raising the pink jacket a little."Don't touch my gummies or I'll end you."I growled,then began helping Hiei.Only,the roses I touched,were half red and half teal."Uhm...Good?"I asked twirling the rose around,Hiei turning his head to see,his eyes widening."That's...Actually good...Continue."He said,then untied the cloth around his eye,it glowing purple again.

His spirit energy took a dramatic climb,and he turned half to teal,leaving the other half for me."Cool."I said,glad that Hiei was on our team,cause if he wasn't, we'd be in a world of trouble."Hn."Was his reply,as he got up and stretched,looking up at the window where Mari was."Hey...Mari'll forgive you....And if it helps,she loves cats."I said shrugging,continuing to turn the flowers to half.Yusuke finally said something,and it was the sweetest thing I heard him say so far."Well Koenma could possibly go and get a cat...If he has the time."He said,munching in a bag if chips that seemed to come from thin air.

Then there was purple lightning in the sky for a second,then Koenma's rounded baby face showed up."What is this talk about me getting a cat for Mari?"He asked,somehow keeping his pacifier in his mouth.Koenma was short like a toddler,but wore something similar to The Masked Fighter's dress,but with white pants underneath,and a unnecessary oversized hat that was rounded,and had JR on it."Long story short,Hiei accidentally upset Mari,and he's using all of his spirit energy,and mine to make teal roses for her so he could cheer her up."I said,putting down the last rose.

"Don't tell me..."Koenma said,his brown eyes widening.Hiei blushed and sighed in frustration."So what if me and Mari are..In a relationship..."He said pressing his index fingers together."I'm just amazed.Who ever thought you'd have a girlfriend,hence your nasty attitude..."Koenma said rubbing his chin.Hiei glared up at Koenma,anger filling his eyes."What's that supposed to mean?"He asked the Jagan eye glowing purple again."N-Nothing!Good luck Hiei!"Koenma exclaimed,then disappeared along with the lightning again.