Chapter 8

Mari's POV

Callie had interrupted my crying session with movies,chocolate and...Other things."Do you have a random stash of this stuff?"I asked picking up a chocolate bar."Of course.Who knows when one of three Hell River's will flow?"Callie asked turning on the TV and the DVD player."Good point..."I said biting into the chocolate bar."Of course it's a good point.To be honest,you have some good points too sometimes."Callie said putting in the first movie:Return Of The Mummy.We laughed and joked around until we fell asleep,the movie replaying.

Kurama's POV

Kuwabara woke up sometime ago very uncomfortable and went down the hall to his room,where he spent most of his time reading and planning.I sat on the couch alone,looking up at the ceiling when Keisha and Yusuke finally came back."Hiei's going to end up working himself to death."Keisha said pointing to the door with her thumb."How come?"I asked sitting up and moving over so the two could sit next to me."I have no friggin' idea.He wouldn't tell us."Yusuke said propping his feet up on the table,which due to him not paying attention,knocked over a coffee cup,staining the snow white carpet."Dammit...Oh well.This hotel needed better carpeting."Yusuke said laughing."Just clean it up."Keisha sighed as she threw a towel at him.He growled at got to work,Keisha already curious."What do you look like in your demon form?I mean...I know you're a fox but that doesn't give much detail."She said staring at the ceiling,holding her hands in her lap."I could ask you the same question,along with how I can't seem to cut through your spirit energy."I said looking over at her."Well maybe it's because you were low on spirit energy."Keisha said looking at me,seeming to move closer as I did."AHEM!"Yusuke interrupted,leaning on the table in front of us.We pulled away  from each other quickly,looking separate directions."You two wanna get a room?"He asked raising an eyebrow.Keisha's face turned red,and she summoned her swords,chasing Yusuke around the hotel room."Oh dear..."I sighed,and got up,holding my whip in my hand.The next time Keisha came by me,I wrapped her in the whip,a very upset look on her face."AW!How cute!"Yusuke said poking his head out,Keisha attempting to smack him."Calm down before you actually hurt him."I said pulling on the whip a little more,calming her as the P.A system came on,

"The second round of the Dark Tournament starts in five,Urameshi Team and Uraotogi  team compete."The  announcer said,a loud beep after that and a very happy Mari finally erupting from her room,along with Callie."C'mon.Grab KuwaBaka and Shortie,and let's go."Mari said stretching, Callie half asleep.Keisha was still glaring at Yusuke when I let her go,Kuwabara following us out where Hiei was no where to be found.

"Perhaps Hiei already went ahead to the stadium."I said sticking my hands in my pockets,raising the jacket a little."Good."Mari growled,and followed us in anger."She's still mad at Hiei?"Yusuke asked raising an eyebrow,then both of us looking at Callie."What?"She asked holding up her hands."Do you know why Mari's still upset?"I asked raising an eyebrow."You...Wouldn't want to know."Callie replied covering her mouth as she spoke."Suit yourself."I shrugged,and arrived at the gates.Team Uraotogi was already there,waiting on us in complete annoyance.

Hiei's POV

Being the only one in the team field,the Uraotogi Team insulting me like there was no end."Hiei!"Mari exclaimed,practically tackling me to the ground,smashing her lips against mine,a giant gasp rising from the audience and the teams themselves.This kiss lasted for thirty more seconds,before Mari stopped and hugged me."Does anyone want to explain your emotions?"I asked looking at Mari.To be honest,I missed looking into her teal eyes..."I'll tell you later.Who are the pairs anyway?"Mari asked looking up at the girl in the ring."Oh right...The pairings!Mari Lushi VS Kuro Momotaro is first!"She exclaimed,Mari's face saddening.

(Momotaro is the one with the yellow vest/jacket thing)

"I wonder if I could still focus."Mari mumbled,teleporting to the ring,where the gum-chewing man had crouched down to her/our level."You're a little short there don't cha think?"He asked blowing a bubble.Mari slapped him,also popping it.Stilfling a laugh,I looked pass them and looked at the rest of the team members,wondering which I'll have the pleasure of wiping off of the Earth.

Mari's POV

Waiting for Sheila to let us begin,I studied the mark I had made  on his cheek and wielded my mallet again."Begin!"She finally said,me twirling it around before the mallet smacked into his chest,knocking him down.But,these weird orbs kept giving him new powers whenever he was injured,giving me a low chance at winning."Aw come on...Spirit sword!"I exclaimed as I let go of my mallet,changing it."That toothpick blade of yours can't hope to peirce my armor."Momotaro stated,like it was the most obvious thing on the planet.Sighing with annoyance,I thrusted the sword outwards, cutting a little skin."Huh.A razor sharp blade only scratches the surface..."I said poking it with my finger,a small trickle of blood running down my finger."Might want to pay attention Shortie."Momotaro said running towards me,head first."I should say the same to you."I smiled and held out the sword,it stabbing through his head.His teammates' jaws dropped,not believing my toothpick blade could actually pierce through."We all have our limits,Kuro's being cockiness."I mumbled,hopping down from the ring,looking at Hiei and Kurama."Congratulations.You completed a battle without a scratch."Kurama said smiling as he leaned down to put his hand on my head,ruffling the hair.

"Yeah thanks..."I said pulling his hand away as Sheila announced the other pair,"Kurama VS Ura Urashima!"