Chapter 6

We walked out of the school and just kept walking. I wonder where we are going.

"Ally why do you just let him do that to you? He's an asshole, didn't he learn in pre-school you aren't supposed to hit girls?!"

He said angrily. I didn't speak.

"Am I the only one who knows?"

He asked. I didn't want to speak. I've never spoken about it before with anyone. I just nodded.

"You can tell me why you don't tell any one."

He said looking me in the eyes but I looked away. He'll think I'm a wimp.

But what do I care what he thinks? I feel like I trust him. But I just don't know if I should tell anyone. Well he already knows about it so why not just tell him why. God I hate this.

"I just-"

I looked at the ground. Then stopped and we faced eachother.

"I guess I feel that I don't deserve better than him."

I said as his eyes softened immediatly.

"Nobody deserves to be with that piece of shit! Trust me, you deserve so, so much better than him."
He said sweetly making my heart melt. Part of me still didn't believe that though.

"His Dad's a cop and his Mother is a lawyer. A good one too. They love him to death and I know he would take advantage of that."

I said as his fist clenched.

"What the hell! God. That's fucked up. He shouldn't be able to get away with that shit though!"
He said angrily. It's really a coincidence though.

"I've tried breaking up with him but..."

I paused. God I hate talking about this.

"It didn't end well."

I said sobbing as tears began falling down my face silently.

He wrapped his arms around me letting me cry into his chest. It was warm and I felt safe. Matt never made me feel safe. And he certainly never made me feel like this when we hugged.

"If I tell my mom she will just tell the police."

I said crying more.

"NO! I can't do this!"

I said pushing away from him.

"Do what? Why?"
He asked confused.

"M-Matt he's gonna be-"

He stopped me.

"Ally don't let him control your life! He's not gonna hurt you because I won't let him."

He said as tears welled in my eyes but I fought them.

"I-I have to stay strong. I don't need your help okay? I'm fine on my own."

I said turning around to walk away but he grabbed my wrist lightly. I got a glimpse of Matt and flinched the second he turned me to face him. Out of habit ofcourse.

As soon as I opened my eyes my heart dropped. He looked so sad. His eyes made me want to crumble to the floor.

"Ally I promise I'm not ever going to hurt you."

He said softly.

"I-I-"

My eyes filled with tears. I can't take this. Why am I telling him about my life! I needed to get away from him. But my heart told me to stay. Well my heart has always told me to tell people about Matt but I've never listened. I've always followed my mind. Did the smart thing. Not the right thing. I wasn't gonna change now.