Chapter 16

Eventually Ben came to the passenger seat. "Hey" I ignored him by turning the radio up. I saw him keep glancing at me but I ignored that also. Then Kiss Me by Six Pence None the Richer came on. I groaned at the irony and went to change it but he blocked me.

"Change the song." I growled.

"Why?" He faked inocence.

"Fine. What ever play the stupid song." I snarled gripping the steering wheel tighter.

"I thought this was your favorite song." He chuckled.

"It was. Was being the past tense." 

"And what  changed that?" He said knowingly.

"I don't want to talk about it." 

"Well I do."

"Why one of us will just get hurt then again it's not like you care." I noticed him flinch.

"I care and I didn't mean any of what I said before. I wanted to tell you before..."

"Before or after Luke?" I grind my teeth at all of the lies.

"You heard?" I nodded. "And your still mad?"

"Of course I'm mad." I whisper yelled. "Seriously you lied to me. You either lied to me before or now. And if you lied before then your the reason that Mikey died"

"You can't blame me for that." He didn't sound so sure.

"Really because I would have never been kidnapped, Mikey wouldn't of came to save me,and he'd still be alive. I had been blaming myself up til I found out to. You know since I was the one to run but I know you would of kept going til I did." i decided I needed fresh air so I pulled over and stepped out. I leaned against the driver door breathing heavily trying to keep my emotions under control.

Ben slammed the door and walked around the van. "That's not fair and you know it. I was trying to protect you!" 

"By lying to me! By getting me kidnapped! By causing my bestfriend to die!" I screamed back he flinched but kept going.

"There was so much I wanted to learn about you but instead I had to watch you leave. You know it hurts to know that if he was here he'd be able to fix this right now. He would be able to figure this out and make you see reason. He knew my mate better then me."

"Don't call me that!"

"Well you are! I'm sorry you hate me so much but your are my mate! I don't care what guy you try to sleep with! I just wanted you to be safe! I was just trying to protect you!" It was my turn to flinch.

"I didn't need you protection I would of been fine. I never hated you but god you sure know how to piss me off. I may want to beat you and murder you but I have never hated you! And I would have slept with him because you know what! At least I wouldn't have been lied to or hurt afterwards when he left in an hour! At least I would be happy knowing I didn't have to worry what he thought or what if he hurt me!" I was panting at the end glaring as he just looked at me shocked.

"You never hated me?" He looked shocked at that thought, I didn't understand it but he shook his head and calmed his voice down. "How do you know? How do you know you would of been fine? You didn't see what he did to your house Victoria. He tore the boards out of the floor and put holes in the wall." I shook my head because that didn't matter.

"Because unlike you I have faith and trust in the people I love and care about. Like I was starting to with you." At the end I had to look away because he started crying and I'm horrible with tears.

" Victoria I regretted every second you were gone. Seeing your friends reminded me how well they knew you and I didn't. I regretted saying the horrible lies I said. I regretted letting you leave when my wolf told me to chase you down and claim you. I would give anything to redo that day. For more reasons then you know but I can't"