Chapter 6

Vania POV

When we arrive for the practice. Coach Bombay told us to go in a circle with people inside along.After that Coach, Bombay tied us all up with Dwayne's rope. I was next to Luis and Julie.

"This is more crowded than a truckload of goats." Dwayne complained. "Somebody better watch their hands. " Julie warned ."Yeah, someone licked me!" Averman yells out. "Oh, I smell something'. Eewh." Connie said. "Goldberg!" We all yell out. "It wasn't me." Goldberg said. "No, it was me!" Dean yells out and pulls his arms up.

"I don't know how to make this any clearer. You are a team. And to win this thing, you have to work as one. Now as one, skate." Coach Bombay said coming behind us and coming in front of us. When we try. We all fell.

"Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down. Now get up and try it again." Coach Bombay yells. I fell on Luis. I quickly move and help him up. After Coach Bombay ties us again.

"All right, all of you move to your right. Now." Dean yell

"Who made you boss? Everyone to the left." Fulton yell out and again we fell down

"You guys can argue all you want...but I am not untying you until you move as one." Coach Bombay said from behind us. Like again we got tie again

"Now you're learning! Communication! That's it! Good, together. Move together. Charge! All right! Yeah, that's it! That's it! All right! Knock wood, Charlie." Finally, we all started to move without falling. After that we got to untie.

We all just knee down. Waiting for Coach Bombay to say something. "You guys are starting' to look like hockey players. I'm proud of ya, team. You worked hard today. But hockey should also be fun. Rancher Dwayne." Coach Bombay told us and called out to Dwayne.

"Yes, sir!" Dwayne reply

"Round me up some stray cattle there." Coach Bombay told him

"My pleasure!" Dwayne yells out and we all just skate away. After Dwayne caught us all. We were taking off our gear. Charlie came up to me. " Hey the new Ducks are staying one more night but Adam asked me to sleep over. Do you mind staying with Luis and Kenny at the house? " Charlie asked, looking hopefully. I just smile at his lovesick face.

"I don't mind," I said softly. Charlie just smiles and yells out." She speaks again" Everyone ran over and hugged us. "Are you guys going to celebrate every time I speak. " I asked. I really hate having all of their eyes on me.

"Well you should talk more than we will stop the celebration," Charlie said and everyone just agreed with him. I just rolled my eyes.

We all went back to our house. Luis told Casey that Charlie is staying at Adam's. She just nodded and told us not to fall asleep. So we can eat some dinner. We all just nodded and went to Charlie and my room. I got out of one of the beds. Kenny or Luis can sleep on Charlie's bed.

The three of us start talking about the day. Well Luis and Kenny talk. I just listen. It's seeing them being so happy about being a part of the Ducks. "Hey Vania. " Kenny called out. I just nod at him to continue. "Do you like having the five of us on the Ducks. " Kenny asked. " I really couldn't pick anyone else." I said. Luis and Kenny looked very relieved by my answer. "Tell me about you guys," I said.

"Well before I got this amazing chance. I work in a club which is not a party club. More like the golf club." Luis said. Kenny and I just laughed. "Laugh all you want. I got paid well. The only bad thing is the old man and their horrible hits. Some would hit it in the pond. So I would have to go in the pond and get it. Which was bad and good." Luis continue

"How come" Kenny asked. "Well the pond was fresh. So, on days that were hot as hell. I begged them to throw it in the pond. But... the pond was full of bird poo." Luis replied. I just smirk" Like duck poo." I asked

Luis just looked shocked at what I just said. So, did Kenny, "Yes. Anyways some would bring their daughters and they would be very rude. Making me maid or something" Luis said

"What about you Kenny? '' I said to Kenny."Well just skating that's mostly it. My parents were my managers and they wanted me to get better and famous. All i can have said that i'm happy I'm away from them." We all just nod,