Chapter 8

Athena's POV

As the saying goes, all returns--everything comes back. I guess that also applies to this guy standing in front of my newly polished doorstep. His shiny blue hair dances with the wind with his newly bought headphones hanging around his neck. He wore a simple white long sleeved buttoned up polo shirt and blue slacks and I doubt that happy-go-lucky grin of his never left his face since we last saw each other which was over a millennia, I think? Man, I'm definitely getting old.

"No 'welcome back Gin!' hug?" he pouted, "What ever happened to the I'll never forget you speech of yours yeah?"

I widened my eyes and played the innocent card, "I did?"

He gave me a are-you-serious face, "You forgot? That was like our oath or something."

"I forgot that I forgot I forgot." I told him and held back my laughter. His face is priceless! Haha, you know, that face you're making right now? Yup haha, that's what he's doing right now and I'm betting he's repeating it a hundred times now.

"Are you trying to murder me woman?" He shook his head and played the You betrayed me card, "I thought we were friends?"

"We were?" I chuckled at his child-like expression of sulking. I walked towards him and patted his head (I had to tip-toe because damn he's tall!), "Don't cry little one~"

He huffed and crossed his arms then turned around as if he was trying to ignore me. I tried poking him but it would seem that his Athena-resisting-when-pretending-to-be-upset act is improving. Ehem, but anyways, I can't help but wonder, "What are you doing here anyways?"

"..."

"Aww come on, Gin," I poked his side, causing him to flinch a bit (cuz it's his ticklish spot😂) "Unfortunately I didn't forget my you'll always be in my heart speech." I shivered at the thought and quickly composed myself later when I saw him slowly turning towards me, "You owe me an hour."

"An hour?"

He rolled his eyes, "Well duh, you don't visit as often as before. At the very least give us an hour." He made his way to my newly cleaned couch and slumped over, "Beatrice won't stop whining."

I chuckled a bit. Gin Young is a friend of mine whose entire family migrated to the western side of the planet. He is actually the eldest despite his baby face and childlike personality but can be quite wise when the situation requires. Beatrice is his pet timber wolf. They're their family heirlooms.

"She loves me more than she loves you." I laughed, "Tell Bea that I'll be visiting her soon."

After that we talked mostly about random stuff; how were things there, how was his wife (yes, the guy has a wife. He's older than me tbh) and the kids, etc. "Have you seen the humans lately?" He suddenly asked me. I shook my head, "Nah, I haven't been able to go out to the human world often because of my job." He stared at me with a raised eyebrow, "A job?"

I mentally face palmed. Of course I forgot to tell him that I was taking care of Sir Raizel the Noblesse, not that he knows what he is anyways, "I am more or less the assistant slash servant of a very powerful being."

"Go on."

"And that's about it. Aside from the fact that I am my family's current clan leader." He nodded, which I didn't expect him to do but realized that it's been decades since we last saw each other so having changes in oneself is obvious. He asked about who this master of mine is and if he knows him. I told him that my master is the Noblesse, a noble who symbolizes power and authority. He wasn't familiar with the name but he was familiar with the title, told me that he heard it somewhere before which piqued my interest.

"You've heard of it somewhere before?" I repeated and he nodded, "I'm not sure of where but it was by the time that there had been reports of humans disappearing out of nowhere." My forehead creased at the newfound information. Was this the reason why the Lord summoned Sir Raizel? Because of the missing humans? "What else do you know?"

He shook his head, "So far that's all I can tell." I nodded, "It's okay. Thank you for sharing it with me." He smiled and stood up, saying that he needed to leave or he might worry his wife, "She told me to come home immediately. " His face looked stern, "She also told me to tell you that you should be careful. These disappearances are not ordinary. In fact, the traces so far are quite near to Lukedonia."

I nodded, "Give Thalia my thanks." He nodded and waved me goodbye before disappearing with the wind. I slouched back at the couch. According to Gin, the human disappearances are coincidentally occurring near Lukedonia. Not only that, there had been reports that the nobles that were sent to investigate that case hadn't returned yet. Could it be that the person who did all this just used the humans as bait? To lure us out?

Because I was so lost in thought I haven't noticed Sir Raizel had arrived. I became aware when he was standing just in front of me. I stood up immediately, surprised, "Sir Raizel!" I bowed low, "My apologies sire, I haven't noticed your arrival. Should I prepare you something?"

He didn't say anything but simply stared. I was waiting for him to reply I stared right back at him. It would look like we were having a staring contest with no one backing down until a voice was heard coming out from his lips, "Is there something bothering you?"

I blinked, "I'm sorry?"

"I feel that you are troubled." He replied in a calm tone. I blushed lightly at his concern, "Y-You need not worry of me master. It's nothing."

I feel like he doesn't buy it for one second but decides to just let me be, which I am thankful for. If my assumptions are correct, then I must be vigilant. The person responsible for all those disappearances is aware of our existence and if I'm not careful, Sir Raizel would be at risk.

Yes! Finally I made something. Hope you like it guys. I promise to update faster because I'm currently in love with my writing equipment. Don't forget to vote and comment! Luv lots!