Chapter 16 part 1

Athena's POV

The following days I've spent my free time training. You know, on how to control Shuu and I've gotta tell you, he's a crazy teacher. I believe I've "died" in his dimension more than once already.

"Come on Athena! " I heard him yell from the illusionary cloud, "If you want to control us then don't die! "

"How can I try to NOT die when YOU'RE trying to kill me!? "

"THEN DODGE IT! "

I grit my teeth as I barely dodged the large blood red tentacle coming my way. I hissed when I saw that I grazed my arm. I glared, "At least give me a warning. "

"We're enemies." Shuu simply said, "We don't give warnings. "

He attacked once again and I had no other option but to dodge. This time, I realized that he's setting up a trap and his other self was actually waiting for me from behind.

I'm not going to fall twice!

I turned around, just in time for me to deliver a blow that made him lose his balance. "I'll be taking my time now. "

--

I went out of that dimension to attend to my duties as Sir Raizel's servant. I was informes that he went out with Muzaka to visit Ashley and would probably be out for a few days. Frankenstein and I did our usual routine; I tend the house while he tends what's outside the house. What kind of servants would we be if the master returns and finds the mansion filled with dust and spider webs?

I had the feeling that Frankenstein was curious about Shuu since Shuu mentioned that he controlled my body for a while to defeat Jurka. Shuu also told me that Jurka wouldn't be the last person to try and capture me, whatever it takes.

They will stop at nothing until they catch you. And when they do, they will suck you dry until you are nothing more than a shell of your former self.

During the time when I finished all of my chores, I decided to research about my family history. I know that we are, by far, the strongest amongst all the clans of Lukedonia. Our advanced level of thinking had led us to many victories over the enemies of the land and our own enemies. I went to the castle since I know what I want to know is not at the mansion. I informed the Lord of my visit and my reasons.

And he didn't ask me about anything after that.

After greeting the Lord, I made my way to the castle library where I bumped into Lagus Tradio.

"Athena Alstreim. " Lagus spoke, "I am surprised to bump into you here. It's been a while."

I bowed a little, to show respect for the older man, "Greetings, Lagus Tradio. Yes, it has indeed been a while since our last encounter. "

"What is your business here in he castle archives? "

"I wanted to check up on something, " I replied. He looked at me silently and gave me a smile, "What do you want to check up on? Maybe I can be of assistance. "

I see no problem in having him help me in finding the history of my clan. He's a respected Clan Leader and he knows this archive like the back of his hand.

I nodded, "Very well."

"I am looking for the history of the Alstreim Clan. There is something that I am curious about. "

Lagus raised his eyebrow, "?"

"It is about the story of how we became the strongest clan. "

"The story of your ancestors huh? " he said while smiling curiously, "I have also been curious about that. Maybe we can look at it together. I know exactly where it could be. "

I nodded and let him lead me. We went to the deepest part of the archives where the oldest of books where placed. I haven't been to this section before nor did I know this section existed.

"This is where the previous leaders of each of our clan place their journals. " Lagus told me, "This section is more of where we keep our personal thoughts. "

"What if someone tries to read other clan leader's books? "

"Don't worry, " he replied, "There is a special seal in each book that only recognizes their Clan Leader."

We stopped in front of a large cabinet that left me curious, "Why is this cabinet empty? "

"This cabinet contains the thoughts of the previous clan leaders of your clan Athena. " Lagus told me.

"Ours? But why is it empty? "

"I did tell you that every cabinet requires a special seal that only their Clan Leader has. No one has ever opened this cabinet since your grandfather."

Father didn't try to open this?

I locked my eyes on the empty, mahogany furniture. What is our special seal?

I walked nearer to it and touched the wood with my hand and suddenly, I heard something click.

"You opened it. " I heard Lagus say from behind me.

Numerous click sounds was heard until we heard a door open from behind. We saw a door appear just beside one of the lamps that we passed by just a while ago.

"A secret door... " I mumbled

Lagus appeared in front of me and motioned his hand, as if telling me to go on first, "Shall we? "

Hey guys! Sorry if the chapter is short. Just trying to add some thrill and all hahaha. Anyways, I hoped everyone enjoyed this chapter. Dont forget to vote and comment!

Luv lots~