5. niña

Sean's Pov

Sean's Pov.

I feel like a bad brother. Naya's been acting weird and I have no idea why. She doesn't talk to me much, as she used too. She moves away when I hang out with Gary. Is she jealous? I mean yeah Gary's a pretty cool guy, but he's old.

I stand outside Nay's room contemplating if I should go in and talk to her. I don't even have time to finish the thought when her door swings open, revealing my sister in a stitch onesie.

"Uh hey do you need something Sean?", she says while walking downstairs, with me on her tail. She goes into the fridge and grabs a yogurt and string cheese.

"I wanna talk about what's been up with you lately", with all seriousness in my voice. I'm honestly worried for her. She's my little sis and I love her.

"Haha nothing. Sorry I've been weird.. I'm just not feeling well. The move has been fuc-", before she finishes the sentence mom barges in glaring at Nay for almost swearing.

"There will be no swearing in this house!", my mom continues to mumble about kids these days and their disrespect. Naya rolls her eyes before silently laughing at me. if mom ever caught her...she would not live to see tomorrow.

I watch her sneak away, which means I have to help mom unpack the things she bought..
________________
The Next Day
Anaya's Pov.

Secrets are hard to keep. So I have only one strategy. The best way to keep a secret is to pretend there isn't one. I need to start acting my normal self, as if nothing happened.
Sean dropped me off at school today. We discoursed the whole way there. He talked about college and I talked about high school. I played the old Naya, it was actually pretty easy.

I walked throughout the halls looking for the counselors office. In the beginning of the year, all students have to meet with the counselor. Talking about college and steps to take to leave Riverdale High successfully. Since I'm new I'm having mine a little late.

I walked in and sat next to a boy who had his hoodie up. He sat calmly, his arms crossed and eyes closed. I would start a conversation, but he had his earbuds in.

I kept staring at him until his head snapped up causing me to jump in surprise to realize that it was Jacob. His eyes bore into mine.
He put his head back down again as if I wasn't there and closed his eyes. I watched as he zoned me out and I sat there not knowing what to do.

I left my phone in my brothers car. You could understand how I felt all day. How was I supposed to not pay attention in English if I didn't have my phone? So of course I had to listen to my teacher ramble on about the inner good of characters, or the witchcraft that took place in The Crucible. So I did something that most kids don't do much these days. Talk to one another.

"So whatcha listening too?", I dropped my bag on the floor, hoping to get a response. He didn't move a single muscle.

"Heyyy hey heyy.", I said repeatedly trying to get his attention. I then resulted to tapping him. "Wow your music must be loud", I whisper under my breath.

"It's not playing, I'm ignoring you or at least trying to", he states bluntly

Oh well damn.

I sit back on the couch legs crossed. I'm so hungry, I could really use a snack right now. I began to go through my bag. My nike backpack throwing up wrappers and old class work. I'm finally satisfied when I find a mini bag of goldfish. I munch on them until Jacob jumps up.

"Why the fuck are you so annoying?", his voice low and earbuds still in. Bruh I'm just eating.

"Excuse me! Your the asshole that keeps being so fucking rude to me!", I frustratingly crumple up the goldfish bag and toss it in the trash next to me. Missing it completely.

He doesn't say a word, but instead flips me off and leans back against the couch.

asshole.
________________
I skipped counseling, he's gonna have to catch me at another time when I'm not pissed.

I sat outside waiting for my brothers car, when Jacob came and sat down next to me.
"Who are you waiting for?" He gotta be bipolar.

His voice was less mean and he didn't have his hoodie on so his hair kept swaying in the direction of the wind.

"My brother", I kept it short. I didn't feel like talking to the guy who's been nothing, but rude to me since the day we 'met'.

"Look, I'm trying to apologize", he looked down at me his arms crossed, his face so expressionless. I smile slightly at him, "I didn't here an I'm sorry."

He hangs his head back before tilting it to the side, "I'm sorry Naya." I squint my eyes. Is this boy playing games because it's not funny. I'm not laughing. "I'm serious Naya, I apologize."

"Okay okay I forgive you. Why are you here anyways? I know you can drive", I asked grinning, watching Jacob stare into space.

"I wanted to sit with you.", he still didn't look at me, so I took in his features. His wispy dark hair curled around his face naturally. His jaw was so defined it could cut a bitch. His lips, plump and beautifully pink.

"Stop staring at me niña"

...oh shit
________________
It was only 8:45pm when I fell into a heap of exhaustion. My back aches from carrying those stupid heavy ass books, I bet you I now have sclerosis. But I couldn't stop thinking about Jacob. We sat and talked a bit until my brother came to pick me up. Of course once I got in the car an interrogation session began.

"Who's that boy Nay?"
"He looks like a fuckboy, you better watch out"
"You need you need me to talk to him for you?"

I completely dodged and ignored Sean's questions. At least now Jacob doesn't hate me?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hmm....not my favorite chapter but she interacts with Jacob a bit 😂😂
Jacobs still an asshole tho💁🏾
He's coming in soon...

COMMENT AND VOTE❤️