Swim Joseph

Tuesday
Public Pool
3:19pm

      Tyler was so nervous to get out the car along with his siblings. Tyler was also extremely nervous to tell his parents about band. They hesitated, and originally didn't enjoy the idea. Yet eventually signing his permission sheet later last night.

        He also debated the idea of wearing a T-shirt to the pool, his brothers weren't. But Tyler became queasy over the thought of taking his shirt off in front of all those people. So he wore a plain dark blue shirt and typical swim shorts. Keeping his rubber band on for his own reasons.

          A large about of church kids swarmed the pool, some splashed while others almost drowned.
Tyler sat on an empty pool chair, he held on to his T-shirt. Looking around the pool, searching for Josh. His mom noticed him sitting by himself, looking quite uncomfortable. Tyler looked down at the rubber band on his wrist and fidgeted with it for a while.

         "You don't understand how glad I am that you wearing a T-shirt too." Josh expressed, looking down at Tyler from the pool chair. Tyler looked up immediately, Tyler let out a small chuckle noticing the punk rock band T-shirt Josh was wearing.

Mrs Joseph became a bit more calm when she saw the look on Tyler's face once he started talking the that Dun boy. It warmed her heart in a cheesy way. He looked like he was doing better.

"Your parents let you listen to them?" Tyler asked, pointing to the graphic T-shirt displaying skulls and other punk designs.

"Oh no, they just think its a horror movie I like." He replied, looking over at his family sitting on the other side of the pool.

"They don't really let me listen to music." Josh added, scratch his head.

Tyler couldn't help but smile, he was so impressed by this kid. He literally took his breath away. Josh turned back,

"Um, let get in the pool then." Josh suggested with a smirk on his face. He swiftly jogged over to Ashely. Who was laying back on a pool chair, Tyler's eyes followed Josh. He watched Josh tell his sister something, then she nodded. Yet Tyler began to bite the side of his cheek as he watched Josh remove his shirt and hand it over to Ashely. Tyler was ashamed to admit but he eyed Josh's chest a bit too long.

          Tyler quickly looked away, realizing Josh wanted to swim with shirts off. Josh began to jog back to him, he tilted his head a bit. Curious over the fact Tyler hasn't took his shirt off yet.

           "Tyler are you, uh ready?" Josh asked with an beyond innocent tone.

         Tyler turned around to face him, he was so damn nervous. He couldn't decide rather or not he should just suck it up and take his shirt off. Or stare at him like an idiot. But before Tyler could choke out some sort of excuse Josh spoke.

         "It's cool if you want to go swimming with your shirt on, I actually almost did the same today." He offered.

         Tyler nodded quickly, completely relieved.
   "Yeah I would like that." Tyler replied, getting up from his pool car. And yeah of course Columbus Ohio doesn't get that hot, but today was fairly warm. But that doesn't mean the water wasn't freezing.

           Tyler struggled to get into the pool, the cool temperatures shook his bones. He looked in disbelief as Josh jumped in with ease. Tyler looked at the pool with a look of determination, he knew he could have backed out at church. Even at his house a few hours ago, but he didn't. All for this punk kid that striked his fancy.

            So he jumped in, and sunk to the bottom. He felt so clean, so comfortable. The water surrounded him as if it was holding on to him in its arms. Tyler loved it. Until he wanted to swim up, swim up for air. But one part of him wouldn't let go. That part wanted to drown.