Productive Conversations

Jon

The sound of waves, brightness, warmth, silver hair. Those were the first notions of the morning. He woke up in a larger room than usual. It was not a dream he realized as he saw the mother of dragons lying on his chest slightly touching the scar over his heart. He ached for every start of the day to resemble this one. I need her with me he thought as she slowly lifted her face until their eyes met.

"It turns out you do have the power in you to lie about something" she said as she gently caressed the outline of the scar. "I have just woken up and already I am being accused. I have not done such a thing" he replied trying to stay as serious as he could, but with a hint of a smile on his lips. "Jon Snow, hiding the truth is also lying. I have already asked you once about this... incident and you said Ser Davos got carried away" Jon smiled and answered almost instantly "...and I suppose you would not have thought I was a madman by telling you I was still alive after I took a knife to my heart. Not to forget I arrived with the news that the army of the undead was our enemy" He laughed a little, but she did not. "Who did this to you?" There was a moment of silence and he did not want to relive that horrible night, not after creating a great memory last night.

"It is a long story... for another time... The brightness of the day hints that we may be late for the meeting" The queen laughed as she rested her face on his chest. She had a beautiful laugh and for a second he doubted he would be able to find some imperfection in Dany. "Yes, we may be somewhat late".

Daenerys

They arrived simultaneously at the council meeting and she realized it was not her brightest decision as soon as they entered. Everyone looked at the table and the silence in the room was almost deafening. No one dared to look at them, with exception of her Hand.

"Good afternoon, your graces! We were just discussing the weather. It has been a very productive conversation waiting for either one of you to arrive. What a coincidence you should come in together". Tyrion was a wise man, but she got tired very easily of his cynical attitude. Jon was visibly abashed and Daenerys knew she had to say something. "I suppose it is a great coincidence, but as you are the hand of the queen, I expect you have made some plans during my absence." As Tyrion smirked and organized the map, Jon and Daenerys took their seats on opposite sides of the table. "Of course, your grace..." Davos interrupted the tense environment explaining everything that was discussed in their absence.

As Ser Jorah helped with Daenerys' seat, she noticed a sad smile as they exchanged looks. He had to at least suspect. Missandei had a small smile that did not go away during the first few minutes of the discussion. Of course, Missandei knows. She must have entered while we were sleeping to help me get ready for the council meeting. Her face blushed at the thought of her friend seeing Jon naked in her bed. As for Jon, he did not dare to make eye contact with Daenerys during the meeting, taking into account the tension and horrible impression that everyone present knew about their adventure last night.

Tyrion

It was not a long meeting, but Daenerys' bitter expression whenever he spoke was making it eternal. Once all the planning and discussion of Winterfell's arrival was done, he knew he had to speak with her. "My queen, may I have a word? I have other matters I want to discuss with you." Her rage was visible to everyone, but she dismissed them without showing too much emotion. Jon looked at Daenerys for the first time after the entire meeting and almost immediately looked at him. Jon's face was not the best look he had gotten from the king in the north and it served as a reminder that he was also angry with their welcoming this morning. All the same, Jon nodded and left the room until Daenerys and Tyrion were the only ones left.