Chapter 17

Thankfully you were right. You had a pretty eventful day - you'd decided you'd go down to the Training Room. Of course, Medic made sure that you didn't do anything that would put too much strain on your ribs. After a few minutes of promising not to wrestle, Medic stopped making a fuss and headed back to his lab.

You opened the door to the Training Room, even though the loud shouting that was coming from inside was a bad sign. The first sight you saw was Heavy basically crushing Scout. You strained not to laugh as Scout looked up at you.

'This...this ain't what it looks like!' He stammered, making you laugh out loud.

'Heavy demolish leetle man!' Heavy bellowed, getting off of Scout, who immediately leapt to his feet and groaned. 'Heavy make leetle man hurt.' He took Scout's right arm in his massive hands, and Scout cried out.

'Damn it man, let go!' He snatched his arm from Heavy. 'I'm off to the lab.' He muttered, slamming the door on his way out.

'Heavy always ruin training for leetle people.' Heavy mumbled, sitting down heavily on a small wooden bench. It creaked under his weight.

'That just means you're too good for them. They need to catch up with you.' You said to him reassuringly, patting his shoulder.

He looked up at you uncertainly. 'They say Heavy is too big to take on.'

You grinned. 'Yeah, cause they know you'll kick their asses! You're a better fighter than all of them.'

'But leetle man with bat says he is better than Heavy.' He said, narrowing his eyes at you as if you were lying to him.

'Scout's lying. He's obviously rubbish at fighting if you keep beating him.'

'Leetle man lie to Heavy?' Heavy looked genuinely confused, and you had to cover your mouth to stop a snort from escaping. After a moment you composed yourself.

'Yeah, he is.'

'Heavy vill crush leetle man for lying to Heavy!'

'That's the spirit!' You patted the bear-like man and he beamed at you.

'You are good friend to Heavy. Almost as good as Sasha.'

'Sasha? There's another woman here?' Thank god, living with only nine other men could have it's difficulties.

'Sasha is Heavy's gun. Nobody touch Sasha.' The man rumbled, and your face fell. Just men around here. Great.

'I will not touch Sahsa.' You assured him, and his grin spread even wider.

'Leetle man touch Sasha before and he end up with many broken bones!' Heavy said somewhat proudly, showing you a toothy grin. Though, the thought of Scout lying crippled on the floor did sort of make your day. You grinned at Heavy, who suddenly handed you a roll of fighting tape.

'Heavy vill teach leetle girl to fight!' He said, pointing to a punch bag laying in the corner. As far as you were concerned, punching a bag wouldn't break your ribs, so you wrapped the tape around your hands as Heavy set up the bag. If Medic had any problems with it, it was his fault for not knowing what you were planning to do.

About three hours later you were stood in what you were told was your shower. You had your own room in the base (why hadn't Medic kept you there for a month instead of his lab??) which was small but comfortable. There wasn't much furniture - a bed, basic wardrobe and a simple desk.

You turned off the water and reached for your towel, dropping in when you closed your fist around it. You hissed in pain and inspected your hand - bruises had formed on the knuckles of both of your hands due to your fighting training. Grimacing, you picked up your towel again and dried yourself off. You found some new clothes, all the same - solid colour t-shirts and some jeans - and all the t-shirts were red. Shrugging to yourself, you put on a t-shirt and a pair of grey jeans. You studied your reflection in the mirror for a while before stepping out of your room with the intentions of getting lunch.