10

makes sure to leave in line comments! they really motivate me <3

My eyes remained wide open for the rest of the night. White flakes hit the large window, covering the edges in white fog. I tossed and turned but just couldn't find a place which I could feel comfortable and safe enough in. A lingering haze of sleep stayed hidden somewhere at the back of my mind but was too far out of my reach, floating in the lake of my haunting memories. 

I was on the brink of something I couldn't describe. The burden and pain of everything seemed to trample on my shoulders and I struggled to keep going.  It was too much. All of it. Death seemed to surround me the longer I lived on this world. I stopped my self pity but the darkness grew darker and more intense. I lay down the whole night, wondering if any of this would ever get any better.

Crying was supposed to be a good thing; a healthy thing. But how healthy is it after it becomes a habit?

The warm ball of light filtered through the curtains. A mixture of colours were blended out in the sky, forming a magnificent hue. I slowly sat up, knowing I wouldn't be able to get any good rest anyway. Nausea hit me like a wave, and I instantly shot up out of bed. My limbs flailed as I stumbled onto the floor. Grunting our in pain, I remained on the floor for a couple of seconds before attempting to get up again.

"You have shit to do but you decide to just lay on the floor?" My head snaps to the voice that interrupted the silence. My heart beat accelerated as I look at Lucien who was standing a mere metre away from my fallen body. He furrowed his brows, seeming to contemplate something.

I raised a brow, scoffing at his remark. His own brow raised as I let out the noise of disrespect and defiance.

"Get up," He demanded, his hands in a fist.

"No." I replied, my eyes glaring into his.

I had no idea what I was trying to prove, but I kept up my defiance. In all honesty, I was screaming at myself for being an idiot, but I had enough of complaining and all this self pity that was getting me no where.

I backed up as he began stalking towards me, his eyes blazing red. His hand reached out towards my hair, but stopped as a knock interrupted the tense silence.

"Hello, Lucien," A man about six foot two leaned against the door frame, his features sharp and electric. His eyes were glazed a dark purple, and a smug smirk laced upon his lips. His teeth were pearly white, and his skin pale. As he grinned, two sharp fangs were displayed, making me shudder.

Lucien's hand immediately fell, and his postured stiffened and his eyes were fixated on the man who was leaning against the door frame. I could only imagine the blood bath that was about to commence. A man who has opened a kings door unapologetically and outright called his majesty by his first name? There is hell waiting for whoever this man is.