Cinderella Part 5 (End)

It was a week since you left. You were in the next town over when you got a letter. You found it odd to be able to receive one as you weren't a resident of the town. Nevertheless you read what it said and you were disturbed and saddened. The content of the letter stated that your family was killed in your own home. You packed your things and headed over to see for yourself.

You were finally getting along with Madame Iris and Rose and Lily were your friends ever since they arrived. When you arrived, you weren't allowed to even see the bodies as they were in such mangled states. You planned a funeral, and many business associates and friends of your family came. They all gave their condolences. You were looking at their graves that was lined up next your father's. You were now alone.

Traveling in this state made you feel depressed all the more. You didn't know what to do. You stayed at a hotel since the house was being searched for clues. Even if it wasn't, you wouldn't dare enter a place where your family was murdered. You were walking put of the cemetery, when you saw a carriage role up. It was the royal family's. Out stepped Jonathan. He was wearing mourning clothes.

"I heard what happened. I am sorry for your loss."

"What do you heard?" you ask. Your family wasn't of nobility. There was no reason for him to know.

"Your family still had influence though. It may not have been nobility's influence but it was there. It was also stated in the papers."

"I see." You cast your eyes down. After a few seconds of silence, he asks.

"Where are you staying?"

"This concerns you?"

"I'm curious."

"A hotel."

"They cost money though. You spent a bit on the funeral (Funerals are expensive)"

"It is not like I can go back to the home where they... Where they..." You found yourself tearing up. Not once did you shed a tear when you found out. You found yourself very close to it but you always prevented yourself. Jonathan pulled you into a hug and you begin crying. "Why were they taken from me. I have nobody now. I am all alone." You cry harder.

"You're not alone. You have me here and I promise I won't leave you." You cried for a while. Jonathan had convinced you to stay with him in the castle. After a few weeks you were getting closer with Jonathan when he proposed once more. You agreed. You were married a week later. You never found out that he was the one responsible for the deaths of your family.