The Sweetest Kiss

I'll try to post a Christmas special which will include a story about all three mafia couples from my books, but if I don't finish it, I'll wait until next year to upload it. It will be exclusively on Radish, but you can already subscribe to it, so you'll be notified when it's updated :D

Angelo had frozen on the spot. Dante was supposed to be sleeping, not staring back at him now.

Did he hear him? The question popped up in his head, and Angelo knew it wouldn't let him sleep until he got the answer, but he wasn't going to ask Dante.

"I couldn't wake you up, so I brought you here."

"Sorry for the trouble."

Angelo's eyes went wide as saucers when he heard Dante apologise. It was the first time he'd heard Dante apologise and mean it.

"I see you're not sober yet. I suggest you should get some rest. It's still early, and if you want, I can contact Orazio and tell him what happened."

"Then I'll take you up on the offer," Dante said. He needed to lie down. Now, that he wasn't aroused anymore, his head was killing him.

It had been a bad idea to drink excessively, yet Dante didn't regret it one bit. Thanks to it, he was here in Angelo's house.

Everything was the same as he remembered. From the furniture to the little decorations here and there that he'd found both childish and endearing about Angelo.

It was the complete opposite of what one would expect to find in the house of someone's who is collected and practical.

Dante found that gap between his looks and his interests incredibly cute. It was something not many knew about, and although he hadn't put much thought into it before, he was glad he'd discovered a side of Angelo's unknown to others.

He'd almost got excited again when Angelo entered the room where he was staying, however, Angelo had come to get Orazio's number.

It reminded him that he didn't have Angelo's number. He couldn't think of an excuse for him to ask Angelo for his number, and there was no way Angelo would just agree to give it to him.

Dante could ask Orazio later to give him the number, but he doubted Orazio would. From the beginning, Orazio had been against their relationship.

Angelo felt mortified. He'd forgotten for a moment that Dante liked to sleep naked, so he'd been taken aback, walking in on Dante's undressing.

Thankfully, Dante hadn't shed the last piece of clothing yet. That would have been bad for Angelo's heart. It was going crazy just from his seeing Dante's solid chest.

He hasn't been slacking, Angelo thought. It was to be expected. He had to keep in shape, but it didn't change the fact he looked like the embodiment of perfection itself.

Don't look there, Angelo willed himself to resist the eye candy that was half-naked Dante. Although his mother had taught him to look people in the eye when talking to them, he couldn't keep his eyes from travelling down to the bronze ripple of muscle.

It was too distracting.

Angelo excused himself, quickly called Orazio to inform him of Dante's whereabouts. From Orazio's tone, Angelo could tell he wasn't pleased to hear that Dante was staying at Angelo's house.

Since he was spent, he went to bed right after he wiped himself off with a towel. He was worried he wouldn't be able to sleep with Dante under one roof, but too worn out, he fell asleep in no time.

***
Dante woke up to his phone ringing incessantly. He'd meant to wait for the caller to give up, but he or she was very persistent.

It turned out to be Orazio who was pissed that his don hadn't shown his face at work for a whole day.