Sympathetic Mist

Sawada Tsunayoshi felt cold. He always did nowadays.

The curse had affected him twice as much than a normal bearer, having been chosen to be the holder by the object itself rather than Checkeface.

Rinsing his mouth clean of blood, Tsuna slowly jogged to his guardians, and greeted them energetically.

They replied him monotonously, and that was after a moment of silence when everyone had hesitated to reply to his cheerful greeting.

Tsuna felt a pang hit his heart, but ignored it, opting to listen attentively to Reborn who explained the details of today's mission.

---

Today's 'mission' was to sort out the Estreal Famiglia for kidnapping and experimenting on innocent children, much like the Estraneo Famiglia.

Resisting the urge to burn his enemies, Tsuna chose to cower behind his Storm and Rain.

It was painful, yes. But it was necessary for his loved ones to not get hurt in the future.

The enemies were soon taken care of with little diffuculty and the guardians glared at Tsuna, although some were more discreet.

"Tsuna? Why didn't you help?"

"Jyuudaime, please explain so I can help defend your honor!"

He could practically hear the desperation in his storm's voice. Guilt engulfed his heart but he forced down his tears, instead putting on a plastic smile.

"Hie!!! Um,I...G-Gokudera-kun, you guys could handle it...right?"

The guardians narrowed their eyes at his words, obviously unpleased that he had shoved all the work to them.

"Dame-Tsuna. You should be the one protecting your guardians, not them protecting you."Reborn warned, carefully concealed anger seeping into his tone.

"20 laps around Namimori." He drawled, fingers twitching.

Tsuna would have gladly done it, the guilt and pain was tearing him apart. Yet, he shut off any hesitation and whined.

"I don't want to! We just took care of a mafia famiglia so let me rest!"

His fists tightened when he saw his friends' teeth clench at the word 'we'.

Not waiting for a reply from the Reborn, Tsuna continued up the stairs to his room and landed on the bed with a soft thump.

...

He made sure that the guardians and Reborn were out of the house first. When the coast was clear, he then pulled out the pacifier, snuggly wrapped in Mammon chains.

Tears started falling as he removed the chains and gave the pacifier some of his flames.

It was painful watching the retreating backs of Reborn and his guardians. Tsuna couldn't help but smile bitterly.

After the first two weeks, they had eventually stopped wanting to hang out with him anymore.

And though he was glad that his home tutor had not noticed his declining health, instead shrugging it off and labelling it as him being 'weak'.

Weak, Tsuna knew his body was definitely that right now. He could hardly run in full speed anymore and spasms each day now seemed normal. The fatigue clouding his mind only got worse as time went on.

Shoving the pacifier back in his pocket, Tsuna refused to continue down those horrid thouhts any longer.

He closed his caramel orbs and let sleep take over.

At least they'll be safe.

---

When the brunet opened his caramel eyes an hour later, he instantly caught sight of a note that had been placed on his bedside table.

Dame-Tsuna,

Ciaossu! I'm bringing your guardians to Italy to get Nono and his guardians to train them.

They'll need to be strong enough to protect you, since you seem so keen to push all of the work to them.

Train by yourself and try to do something productive.

Regards,
Reborn

The note was crumpled into a tight ball as Tsuna grit his teeth and headed towards his 'friend's' house.

He knocked on the door of the traditional hut and was let in by Kawahira.

"What brings you here, Tsunayoshi-kun?" There was curiousity in his tone.

Tsuna sipped his tea before handing Kawahira the crumpled note in his hands.

The man's expression softened as he turned to face the brunet once more.

"I...see. What would you like me to do, Tsunayoshi-kun?"

Determined caramel eyes met black ones as he uttered out two words that would change both of them forever.

"Train me."

---
Heya!It's Author-san from the fuuuuture~

Haha...If you've made it past this chapter...CONGRATS!

It'll get better grammar-wise and cringe-wise from here on out!(...i think.)

so ye...

THANKS FOR READING <3

*edited on 26.12.17*
*edited on 03.04.18*
*edited on 18.08.18*