Epilogue

The gloomy atmosphere was suffocating.

Loud sniffles and sobbing could be heard all around.

Tsuna's funeral was a simple one, with the remainder of his stuff buried underneath an elm tree.

Elm trees represented intuition and inmer strength, after all.

A pile of flowers were piled onto the beautiful gravestone, from daisies to bellflowers.

Byakuran tightened his grip around the crying blue-haired girl, whose eyes were red-rimmed and her white robes wrinkled.

Goodbye fellow sky of the Tri-Ni-Sette.

As rain started pelting down, everyone but Reborn broke down, water - that clearly wasn't rain - slipping down quivering cheeks.

Only loud sobs could be heard as the hitman watched with gritted teeth, heart clenching in pain.

Tsuna...

I'm a failure as a tutor.

And as the rain cleared, along with the people, only the hitman remained, face stoic and stoney.

Kat saw this and smiled sadly, stepping forward and bringing a tiny box out from her pocket.

She handed it to Reborn, who looked at it curiously.

From: Tsuna

His eyes widened.

Happy Birthday, Reborn! Thank you for being my tutor. I'm sorry that you had to put up with me for so many years now, but I'd like to think that somewhere along the road, we... we've really warmed up to each other.

I could never say this out loud but-

Thank you for not leaving.
Thank you for trusting me.
Thank you for always having my back.

...Thank you for being the dad that I've never had.

Oh.

So his stupid student had got him a gift...

The echoes of Tsuna's written words repeated itself over and over again in his head.

Him, a father figure...?

His vision blurred as he craddled the pendant with faded orange flames.

Kat had left by now, allowing the infant just a moment of grief. For the first time in ten years, Reborn cried.

"Dame-Tsuna... You idiota figlio... Please...come back.."

And if anyone saw the hitman cry, they'd blame it on the heavy rain getting into their eyes. ...Again.

But Reborn deserved that moment of grief too, after all he had been strong for far too long.

And as the rain lifted and the sun shone once more, Reborn looked up to the vast expanse of blue and gave a genunine smile.

"Tsuna... Until we meet again."

He walked away from the grave, clutching onto the pendant like a lifeline and didn't look back, not even as he felt a breeze and a gentle voice whisper behind him.

"Goodbye, Papa... Till we meet again."

---

The guardians, Kawahira and Kat were sitting in the living room. Nana brought in snacks, sniffling as her glassy eyes scanned the group, almost bitterly. She left just as quickly as she came.