5. A Good Night's... Confession?

Ash hesitated on climbing into the sleeping bag next to his friend. He stood there, looking down at the space Clemont had left for him, a black hole. 'I can't go through with this, I just can't!', he thought, struggling to even kneel down next to the bag.

He knew that he had agreed on it with a (somewhat nervous) smile on his face, and he knew that if he backed down now, Clemont would be devastated. But...

**Ash's POV**
What if I accidentally confess in my sleep, and Clemont heard it? He might never look at me the same way ever again! He'll never even look at me again! Why did I agree to this? This was a stupid idea!

"Ash, what's wrong?", Clemont spoke, looking utterly confused, "Are you uncomfortable sleeping next to me? If you are then that's totally fine!" He said that last part with a smile on his face, but I can't help but think it was fake. His eyes showed his disappointment- wait, disappointment?

I looked at him again, but he had already turned over the other way, putting his glasses on the ground. Why would he be disappointed? Maybe because I wouldn't be keeping my promise if I said no? Or maybe...

Nah, that's impossible! He would never like me back!

... Right?

"Ash, does this mean you don't want to sleep next to me?", Clemont called again, snapping me out of my trance. "Ah, sorry, I'll be right there!", I quickly replied, finally crawling into the bag. It felt warm, although that's to be expected. The amount of warmth in the bag was relaxing, I felt like I was being hugged by my Mom...

**Clemont's POV**
It wasn't long before he started snoring like he usually does: loud, obnoxious, yet still adorable in a way. You get used to it after a while, and by that, I mean 2 weeks of practically sleeping with a Snorlax.

He looked so cute when he was asleep, occasionally mumbling to himself, "Use Thunderbolt, Iron Tail!" you get the idea. I quietly chuckled at the innocence of it all, before I tried to turn away again to get some rest. However, a tight grip on my waist was keeping me from doing so.

I glanced at the restraints, and it was from... Ash's arms?! "... You did great, buddy...!", he mumbled, a bit of drool running down his face from his slightly ajar mouth. Oh, he's probably hugging Pikachu in his dream, which is pretty normal for him. I mean, he does it after every battle, and I will admit that I get a little jealous since I'm not the one getting hugged, but that's besides the point!

The point is, that right now I'm trapped in his embrace, and this is a little embarrassing since he thinks he's hugging a Pokémon in his sleep. Though he'll never find me in the PokéDex (anyone get the reference?).

"... Clemont... great battle...", he muttered. Oh, he was thinking of the time we battled at the Gym? Well, that's a bit unexpected, but it did happen recently, so I'm not too surprised.

"... Clemont? ... What are you-", he began, but was cut off by something. A few seconds passed before he pulled me closer, a hand traveling to the back of my head, pressing my forehead against his. Our lips were so close together, I could feel his Oran berry-smelled breath. What happened in his dream?!

He then loosened his hold a little, and I could finally move my head again, though his hold on my waist still lingered. Then he muttered something I couldn't comprehend. Well, I could, but I'm probably hearing things. Yeah, that's right me, your crush did not just say, "... I love you too, Clemont..."! He didn't say it, he didn't say it, there's no possible way he said-

"... I love you so much, Clemont..."

He said it again! Though it was phrased differently, he still said it!

Wait, but he said "too" the first time... Does that mean that I admitted I had a crush on him?! My face was currently the color of a Tamato berry, and it wasn't going to leave anytime soon. I cannot believe this... he likes me back? No, that's impossible, but he said it himself, even though he was sleep talking. I had to get it from the Ponyta's mouth.

"Ash... Ash, wake up!", I said softly, not wanting to scare him. He stirred, and soon opened his sleep-filled eyes. "Hm? Clemont, is there something wro-", he started, before realizing what he was doing. He immediately let go of my waist (goodbye, sweet warmth), his eyes wide with embarrassment. "I-I, that's, I'm so sorry!", he stuttered, his face becoming the hue of a Tamato berry like mine.

"I actually confessed...", he said to himself before turning to look at me, "L-look, I-"

"Like you, too.", I interrupted with my own confession.

"... Y-you what?", he stuttered in disbelief. "I like, no, love you, too.", I repeated, my face burning like a Flamethrower attack. "... I'm not dreaming aren't I?", he spoke, before pinching his cheek. "... Okay, I'm not dreaming.", he confirmed, wincing a bit from the pain when he poked the spot he pinched.

"I've liked you after we became friends, once we knew each other better.", I started, noticing the look of surprise on his face before continuing, "I was always afraid of confessing because I thought you didn't like me back, and that you would push me away..." His hand suddenly cupped my face, a small smile appearing on his face.

"But now you know the answer to that, huh?", he spoke, his hands gripping my waist and head again. "Yeah... I guess so!", I chuckled, before our foreheads were pressed together.

"I love you so much, Clemont, and that wasn't just sleep talking.", he murmured. "I know,", I replied with my own smile, "and I love you, too."

After a few small seconds, we finally pressed our lips together instead of our foreheads, and it was in one word, amazing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Welp, there's that chapter, and now, the moment you've all been waiting for... the Smut! It'll be my first time writing it to be honest, so it might not meet your expectations, but I'll try my best!

I'll probably hold off the other updates to get this done, so they'll be on a bit of a hiatus. I hope y'all have been enjoying this story so far, and I'll try my best to get everything done!

With that being said, I must go, for there's a lemon that needs to be made into lemonade!

See ya, Fellow Grasshoppers!!! WA-TAAAAAAAH!!!!!**