22.

Detective Colins

"So what have we got?" I asked as we arrived on the scene.

"Forty year old female. A Mrs Jazmine Thompson. DOA. One shot to the lower abdomen which it looks like she bled to death."

"Looks like?"

"Yeah... Erm... before anyone arrived all the family members pretty much entered the room, touched her, held her..."

"Wait wait wait. So what you're saying is... I have a contaminated crime scene?"

"Yes Detective."

I sighed.

"This just gets better. Where is everyone now?"

"All in the family room."

"Right, show me the body first and then we will talk to the family."

"Right this way." The uniformed officer said to me.

I looked around at the mansion, nothing out of the ordinary. We entered the deceased room and I sighed again.

"How old did you say she was?"

"Forty. Turned forty today actually."

I looked at my watch.

"Forty today as in it's now half twelve so it's her birthday or today as in yesterday."

"Erm...Sunday."

"Details young man... details. It's all about the details. So she was here for her fortieth birthday with her family. Just her family? Any friends?"

"No. Although there is a woman with a baby and she's not family."

"Right. So it's her fortieth, she's with her family and someone has killed her." I said whilst playing with my hair.

I looked around the room and tried not to step anywhere. The amount of bloody footprints I could see all over this room was ridiculous!

"You're playing with your hair boss. That means you're in deep thinking mode." Detective Lance said.

"That you're right Lance. That you're right. She's in a robe so I'm assuming she had a shower. She got out the shower and then what happened next? Instant kill? Was words exchanged? Was there a fight? Why is this woman dead? I want pictures of this whole crime scene I want her out of here and forensics run on her. I need every room to be searched with a fine tooth comb. I...I need to speak to the family." I said as I looked at the deceased lady.

I shook my head.

What a shame.

I headed downstairs to the family room where it seemed to be kicking off!

"I KNOW YOU'RE BEHIND THIS!! SO HELP ME I'LL KILL YOU BEFORE THIS CANCER KILLS ME!!" One man said who was drenched in blood.

"I DID NOT KILL HER!! LAST TIME I SAW JAZMINE SHE WAS ALIVE AND WELL AT THE DINNER TABLE!!" Another man said.

He looked like he just done rounds with mike Tyson!

"LIAR!! SO WHERE'S MY GUN THEN? ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS MISSING!! YOU WAS THE FIRST TO LEAVE THE TABLE!! THAT GIVES YOU TIME!! AND WE ALL KNOW YOU HAVE MOTIVE!!"

"OH PLEASE!! EVERYONE HERE HAS A MOTIVE!! EVERYONE HERE DONE JAZMINE WRONG!!"

"Not all of us!!" A young girl said.

I looked around at them all. They all looked distraught; If they weren't covered in blood then they had black eyes and busted nose and lips.

What the hell happened this evening?